Programme Name: LCST
Join our UK Team who are committed to a Mission!
We are in search of a Subcontract Manager to join Leidos UK supporting the LCST Programme, based in Bristol.
This role requires a Subcontract Manger to be responsible for the administration, compliance and risk management of subcontracts across the LCST Programme, supporting existing Subcontract Agreements with Key Subcontractors as well as modifications / change proposals.
As the Subcontract Manager you will be a proactive individual, have good attention to detail and a focus on delivery against commitments in support of the programme and functional activities.
Roles & Responsibilities:
You will report into the Associate Director, Supply Chain, support the Senior Subcontracts Manager and have programme delivery stakeholders - an understanding of the wider business environment, alongside good communication skills will be essential.
The work you'll be doing:
- Subcontractor contract negotiation, administration and close out, including ensuring the flow down of amendments from Prime level;
- Subcontractor contract interpretation and application. Reviewing contractual obligations and ensuring alignment of understanding with subcontractor, including a strong understanding of the commercial deal between the parties and financial incentives;
- Subcontractor relationship management. Acting as a primary contact point with subcontractor to manage matters relating to contract performance or changes to the parties commercial arrangements;
- You will manage internal stakeholders to ensure alignment to commercial or contractual interpretational matters as agreed with the subcontractor;
- Subcontractor development, sourcing and diversity. You will work with the subcontractor to develop commercial solutions to deliver growth at prime contract level, as well as ensuring value for money on additional spend requirements.
- Subcontractor cost management; you will agree if work requests are outside of existing contractual scope and resourcing funding where necessary;
- You will be responsible for subcontractor contract compliance and risk management.
- You will be required to hold or be able to hold UK SC clearance
- You will have experience negotiating terms and conditions
- You will have a successful track record of managing a variety of procurements, interfacing with internal customers, other functional support staff, and suppliers.
- You should have strong organizational, written and oral communication skills.
- You must be able to work independently, establish priorities, and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- You will have the ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment and will thrive on attention to detail.
- You will have problem-solving skills, strong time management skills and the ability to prioritise work.
Clearance to Start: BPSS
Clearance for Role: SC
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your CV with us today!
What we do for you:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Who We Are:
The Logistics Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme for the UK Ministry of Defence is a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain. The programme provides essential services such as storage and distribution for the MOD's materiel, including a global freight service and the procurement and inventory management of 70,000 commodity NATO Stock Number (NSNs).
Working together as Team Leidos we are helping to transform the UK's defence supply chain by providing an integration of a complex mixture of services, at low risk, using a modern suite of systems that will deliver one version of the truth. For the first time, the MOD will see the whole picture, as it is happening.
What Makes Us Different:
Purpose: you can use your passion and abilities at Leidos to keep the people you care about safe. We are at the forefront of machine learning, AI, cyber security and solutions. Using your skills in the technology frontline by helping to build a safer world. You can inspire change.
Collaboration: having flexibility to do your job is one of our core benefits, enabling you to become part of our extraordinary team. We have been empowering our people to work flexibly for years. Whether you work from home, the office or on customer sites, we will give you the digital tools and the flexibility to work smarter and align your needs and ours.
People: Leidos empowers people from every background to be themselves and gives you the tools to learn new skills by enabling growth whilst developing. We believe that extraordinary people need opportunities to grow, to be inspired and to inspire others. At Leidos, we invest in technical academies, career rotations and a career development plans that enhance your future.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.