Looking for a rewarding career challenge?
Unleash your potential at Leidos, where we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like an environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Are you a skilled Substation Physical Electrical Designer looking for an exciting new opportunity? Our Houston office is seeking a talented professional to take on the challenge of creating substation design drawing packages and necessary documents for electric power substations ranging from 12kV to 500kV. You'll be responsible for utilizing accepted practices and standards to ensure that all designs meet the highest level of quality and safety. If you have a passion for designing innovative solutions and want to be a part of a dynamic team, we want to hear from you. Take your career to the next level – apply today!
Your greatest work is ahead!
Leidos Civil Group helps modernize infrastructure, systems, and security. We are a trusted partner to both government and highly-regulated commercial customers looking for transformative solutions in mission IT, security, software, engineering, and operations. We work with our customers, including the FAA, DOE, NASA, National Science Foundation, Transportation Security Administration, Custom and Border Protection, airports, and electric utilities to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient. Our customers take on the toughest challenges out there and, at times, need a helping hand from specialists in their fields. We combine our scale as a Fortune 500 company with the deep technical knowledge of our core capabilities and the expertise of our talented and diverse workforce to deliver mission-centric innovations. For each of these core capabilities, we have developed proven, repeatable processes that help us deliver agile, cost-effective solutions to foster a better world.
To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to join a team dedicated to a mission? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
Your Main Objective:
• Develop new, or modify existing:
- Electrical layout/plan of substation equipment and structures
- Substation foundation layout/plan drawings
- Section/elevation views from layout/plan drawings
- Conduit layout/plan drawings
- Substation grounding layout/plan drawings
- Control building layout/plan and section/elevation drawings
• Develop a complete bill of materials for all required electrical equipment and materials.
• Review and comment on equipment drawings received from vendors and manufacturers.
• Work with other disciplines (e.g., Civil Engineers) as necessary to complete assigned work.
• Assist the project team with developing processes and procedures to increase team efficiency.
• Perform basic engineering calculations to support engineering design
• Apply relevant client, national, and state standards to each assignment as needed.
What Sets You Apart:
• Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline.
• Two to four (2–4) years of direct substation physical and electrical design experience using CAD software on electric utility industry projects.
• A combination of education and a demonstrated related experience may be considered in lieu of education and experience requirements.
• Solid comprehension and application of design software such as MicroStation and AutoCAD.
• Proficient with Windows-based software such as Word and Excel, which are frequently used to develop project deliverables.
• Ability to learn and effectively utilize new design software programs.
• Advanced ability to utilize 2D applications to prepare engineering drawings.
• Ability to work in a team environment with others including, but not limited to, Project Managers, Engineers, Designers, and drafters in multi-discipline groups.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong attention to detail and work product quality.
You Might Also Have:
• AutoCAD and other 3D applications.
At Leidos, the opportunities are boundless. We inspire our staff with interesting assignments that allow them to thrive professionally and personally. For us, helping you grow your career is good business. We look forward to learning more about you – apply today!
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $117,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:12/11/2023
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.