The National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) requires a full-time Business Systems Analyst (BSA), with demonstrated information management transformation and designing collaboration tools (e.g., SharePoint configuration) expertise, who will provide direct support to the Business Process Team (BPT) Lead and team members. The BSA will perform a wide variety of cross-functional business systems activities including, but not limited to:
- Analyze business and information management practices, and define information management business needs to transform operations;
- Design collaboration tools and improve information management environments for several organizations currently using MS SharePoint and TEAMS;
- Implement information management solutions to optimize operations;
- Recommend opportunities and strategies for improving existing business processes; and
- Apply best practices and business process modeling notations to document and/or flowchart processes.
These activities will span NNSA business operations, HR and management processes, workflows, information management, records management, and review/approval processes. The BSA will also help design, administer, and transform a robust SharePoint environment.
Listed below are related ancillary activities which the BSA may be asked to assist /support; however, as ancillary activities, not core functions:
- Information management systems QC, logistics, metrics, and problem-solving support;
- Performance evaluation support, milestone development support; and
- Policy development, management, and implementation; and records management support.
The BSA will provide key support to the BPT Lead and members of the BPT Team with liaison efforts and in directing, managing interfaces, and coordinating day-to-day information system and records activities among other Defense Program (DP) Offices, Department of Defense, or Design and Production Agencies as well as the Office and Human Capital & Business Operations.
This is a full-time, on-site position located in the Washington, DC, or Albuquerque NNSA offices with the opportunity for 50% (3 days) telework after training.
Required Clearance: Active Secret or DOE L clearance, and the ability to obtain Q clearance.
- Analyze IT-related business issues, define problems, and work to resolve problems with IT solutions alongside a business process improvement team.
- Gather, refine, and confirm requirements that address issues with existing (computer-based), business/information management processes, as well as new business/information management systems that would benefit from process automation.
- Liaise between the developer(s) and the customer to ensure that requirements are clearly communicated to the development team.
- Provide broad support to business process analysis and improvement activities.
- Remain current with the newest data management and workflow technologies to identify and recommend tools for best electronic file management practices, processes, and procedures.
- Improve automation of records management and policy administration using SharePoint including enhancing workflows, data sharing, and customer ease of use.
- Improve automated business process environment (e.g., SharePoint) using feedback from the voice of the customer in adherence with industry standards.
- Help implement improved business processes enabled by information management for both unclassified and classified activities.
- Develop, maintain, and administer information management plans, standard operating procedures/desk procedures, and training for NA-12.
- Develop and provide user training on information management and collaboration tools.
- Support business process team performance and policy management activities as necessary.
- Support associated activities, i.e., update/maintain project documents and management briefings, create/update business process SOPs and internal documentation, etc.
- Collaborate with other NNSA Programs/Offices in the development and modification of workflows to improve efficiency.
- Plan and help coordinate a major organization workplace (i.e., culture) shift enabled by new information management resources.
- Help lead business analysis and process improvement support for NNSA business operations including improving IT and program management processes.
- Leverage critical thinking skills for a rapidly shifting environment while maintaining attention to detail in a multi-project work environment with frequent interruptions.
- Exercise mature judgment and make independent decisions in accordance with established policies, rules, and procedures.
- Familiarity with cloud-based environments and transitioning to Electronic Management Systems
- Work in a team environment and interact with a range of federal and contractor staff and fully support NNSA Business Process Team lead to complete assigned tasks and projects.
- Active Secret or DOE L clearance, and the ability to obtain Q clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Management, or related field, and at least 4+ years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing and transforming IT in a Corporate, Government, DOE/NNSA, Military, or Management & Operating contractor environment.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and improving SharePoint for collaboration, business, information management, and record-keeping activities.
- Experience with Microsoft Power Platform (Power BI, PowerApps, Power Automate), TEAMS, and Excel.
- Ability to research solutions, solve problems, and instruct users on best practices for supported tools.
- Experience working in a classified environment.
- Effectively interact with a broad range of Federal and military staff and senior leadership.
- Strong organizational skills and written and verbal communication skills.
- Master's degree with 2-6 years of experience.
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.