1901 Group (A Leidos Company) has an exciting Information Assurance Engineer position located in Blacksburg, VA with opportunities to work remotely. The Assurance Engineer will work with an elite team of IT professionals to maintain an optimal secure cloud architecture and environment for critical DOD customer systems.
- Evaluate software and hardware during pre-acquisition phases to determine its ability to meet minimum security requirements based on NIST SP 800-53 Rev 5 & RMF 2.0 security controls.
- Author, review, coordinate and submit cybersecurity authorization required artifacts to eMASS (including change requests) to achieve milestones such as Interim Authority to Test (IATT) and Authorization to Operate (ATO) in accordance with the project schedule for IL 4 and IL 6 environments.
- Support conducting cybersecurity authorization activities to comply with all current Cybersecurity and IA manuals, instructions, and guides within the DoDI 8500.01 and DON 5239.
- Continuously monitor system resources through automated scanning and implement automated reporting feeds to support cybersecurity authorizations.
- Verify patch compliance using the approved technical solution (i.e., Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS)) Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA) compliance dashboards.
- Coordinate with local administrators to troubleshoot and elevate patching issues in a timely manner to meet patch compliance SLA timelines.
- Implementation of security procedures, and verify information system security requirements, including coordinating the execution, review, and disposition of STIG checklists for systems, applications, developed code and other components.
- Independently develop and maintain system security documentation, including drafting, reviewing, editing, and recommending guidance for Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Tactics, Techniques, & Procedures (TTP), Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) and Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) Score Card.
- Participate in regular briefings with the customer on cybersecurity status, including preparing briefing materials. Work closely with government Cyber team to support ATO conditions and requirements.
- Development and application of business processes to ensure they have the appropriate level of
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience in Information Assurance, additional years of experience will be acceptable in lieu of a degree.
- Certifications: DoD 8570 IAT Level II baseline certification (CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, CND, SSCP)
- Possesses a broad technical background and comprehensive expertise in cybersecurity implementation.
- Expert on the NIST SP 800-37, ICD 503, CNSSI 1253, and related guidance.
- Coordinate and conduct the day-to-day activities associated with managing risk to information systems and organizations on behalf of Authorization Official.
- Secret Clearance is required, Must be a US Citizen
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure and DoD environments
- Experience with ITIL processes and/or ITIL Foundation V3/4 certification.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to drive innovation independently; have a passion to improve at every opportunity.
- Proven able to credibly coordinate between technical teams and business stakeholders.
- Willing to perform shift work.
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.