Leidos is seeking a seasoned Security Specialist professional to create positive, professional and productive environment for both internal and external customers, in addition to delivering the highest quality technical performance possible. Ideal candidate will be a self-starter with the ability to work autonomously and clearly understand your customer’s expectations and requirements relative to our contracted mission.
Candidate will have the experience and skills to identify and manage both positive and negative feedback from your customers.
Work with team lead and senior team members to accomplish the activities below:
- Collect, research, document, and forward to team leadership, all reportable information from employees and contractors within the IRTPA and DNI mandated timelines.
- Document, file, and maintain all actions in the PeopleSoft security system of record.
- Collect, analyze, investigate, research, document, and forward findings to team leadership, as applicable, all adjudicative relevant information received through automated records checks (ARC) for employees, contractors, and applicants in the SISP mandated timelines.
- Prepare input for Automated Record Checks (ARC)
- Prepare accurate and quality reports of investigation
- Submit appropriate documentation to applicable databases to complete the National Agency Checks in less than 30 days
- Provide input to Automated Records Check report.
- Process fingerprint data when required.
- Provide reports to required teams for outsource processing.
- Identify any outstanding actions on a weekly basis to the Team Lead.
- Complete additional duties as require and approved in order to support the mission.
- Candidate must have a Top Secret/SCI level clearance with excellent written and verbal communication skills and be proficient with Microsoft Office software.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in a security related field with a minimum of 2 to 4 years to include >1 years within DoD/IC
- Candidates will be subject to a Counterintelligence Polygraph (CI) examination.
- A minimum of 3 years of previous Background Investigator, Personnel Security Specialist, or TS/SCI adjudicative experience.
- Demonstrated experience providing Automated Records Checks, research and analyzations of report findings.
- Excellent organizational skills to ensure meeting required timelines.
- Have the knowledge, understanding and the ability to following your policies; guidance’s; directives; and standards, such as the Executive Orders; Security Executive Agent Directives (SEADs); and Federal Investigative Standards (FIS).
- A strong background in OPM Background Investigations/or Adjudication; (i.e., personnel security, counterintelligence, or law enforcement) at the local, state, or federal levels;
- Completion of the ICD-704 Adjudications Course, Security Fundamentals Security Certification (SFPC ) Certification, and strong interviewing skills
This position has a target range for compensation of $65,000 - $75,000. This is a firm fixed price contract and does not allow for negotiations outside of this target range.
Pay Range:Pay Range $48,750.00 - $75,000.00 - $101,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.