Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
Unleash your potential at Leidos, where we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like an environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
The Civil Group at Leidos is seeking a Senior Computer Systems Analyst for a contract with a large federal agency who will support application development to deliver a cloud-based platform containing a portfolio of solutions/products capable of resolving issues across all lines of businesses pertaining to that federal organization. The Senior Computer Systems Analyst will be responsible for writing and maintaining source code, creating, and maintaining software applications and applying frameworks involved in a software release. Duties include computer programming, documenting, managing configuration, testing, and bug fixing involved in creating and maintaining applications and frameworks involved in a software release life cycle and resulting in a software product. The Senior Computer Systems Analyst will also develop technical solutions that require collaboration with internal experts, deep analyses and understanding of impact on end-product/solutions.
This position offers a hybrid work schedule of 50% telecommuting and 50% in office (Lanham, MD)
Your greatest work is ahead!
Leidos Civil Group helps modernize infrastructure, systems, and security. We are a trusted partner to both government and highly-regulated commercial customers looking for transformative solutions in mission IT, security, software, engineering, and operations. We work with our customers including the FAA, DOE, NASA, National Science Foundation, Transportation Security Administration, Custom and Border Protection, airports, and electric utilities to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient. Our customers take on the toughest challenges out there, and at times need a helping hand from specialists in their fields. We combine our scale as a Fortune 500 company with the deep technical knowledge of our core capabilities and the expertise of our talented and diverse workforce to deliver mission-centric innovations. For each of these core capabilities, we have developed proven, repeatable processes that help us deliver agile, cost-effective solutions to foster a better world.
Are you ready to join a team dedicated to a mission? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Experience providing expertise in analysis and reporting performance
- Work with senior technicians, data scientists, architects, and the portfolio manager to gather relevant information and perform own research
- Work to achieve key project/program objectives and deliverables.
- Responsible for entire projects or processes spanning multiple technical areas
- Manage large projects or processes with moderate impact on the achievement of sub-family results
- Develop solutions to complex technical issues and problems that impact multiple area or disciplines
- Regularly employs ingenuity and creativity to develop new technical solutions and systems in order to achieve functional objectives
- Communicate with internal team members across multiple areas and client team members
- May communicate with parties external to the organization (e.g., sub-contractors, vendors, etc.)
- Work to influence project/team leaders regarding solution design, process and/or approaches
- Ability to work across organizational teams to develop and run queries, reports, and scripts using data to justify recommendations and inform decision making by leadership
- Ability to brief senior leadership on recommendations
- Enhance management and monitoring of all installed systems
- Coach and review the work of lower level technical staff
- Work to influence team members regarding solution design, process and/or approaches
What Sets You Apart:
- BS degree and 8 to 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 to 10 years of prior relevant experience
- Ability to multi-task, complete tasks without direct supervision, and function effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work and communicate with and adapt to personnel at all levels and from technical disciplines (software developers, test engineers, system engineers, etc.)
- Knowledge/experience integrating solutions with Pega platforms
- Familiarity with IBM Engineering Workflow Management (EWM)
- Familiarity with SAFe Agile methodologies
- U.S. Citizenship or is a lawful permanent resident having been granted the right to live in the United States indefinitely
- Proximity to work primarily onsite with the customer at the New Carrollton Federal Building, secondarily at Leidos HQ in Reston and remotely within one to two hours driving distance of the customer
- Ability to be cleared by the US Government via a Minimum Background Investigation (MBI)
- This offer is contingent upon Leidos being awarded a subcontract under which the work will be performed
You Might Also Have:
- Experience working on projects in an IRS/Treasury environment
- Experience in Cloud operations such as AWS, GCP, and Azure
- Active IRS MBI
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.