Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
Unleash your potential at Leidos, where we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like an environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
The Civil Group at Leidos is seeking a Subject Matter Expert (SME) IT Developer for a contract with a large federal agency who will support application development to deliver a cloud-based platform containing a portfolio of solutions/products capable of resolving issues across all lines of businesses pertaining to that federal organization. The SME IT Developer will leverage their applications-development expertise in modernizing a cloud-based platform to collect and analyze data, catalog issues, and develop potential solutions with the aim of significantly reducing the redundancy of current legacy systems. Additional responsibilities may include writing and maintaining source code, creating, and maintaining software applications, and applying frameworks involved in a software release in a cloud-based context. The successful candidate will provide guidance on IBM Engineering Workflow Management (EWM) as the primary software development collaboration tool for agile planning, process definition, source control, defect tracking, and build management.
This position offers a hybrid work schedule of 50% telecommuting and 50% in office (Lanham, MD)
Your greatest work is ahead!
Leidos Civil Group helps modernize infrastructure, systems, and security. We are a trusted partner to both government and highly-regulated commercial customers looking for transformative solutions in mission IT, security, software, engineering, and operations. We work with our customers including the FAA, DOE, NASA, National Science Foundation, Transportation Security Administration, Custom and Border Protection, airports, and electric utilities to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient. Our customers take on the toughest challenges out there, and at times need a helping hand from specialists in their fields. We combine our scale as a Fortune 500 company with the deep technical knowledge of our core capabilities and the expertise of our talented and diverse workforce to deliver mission-centric innovations. For each of these core capabilities, we have developed proven, repeatable processes that help us deliver agile, cost-effective solutions to foster a better world.
Are you ready to join a team dedicated to a mission? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Serve as the Leidos consultant for IT developers of applications, as well as computer programming, documenting, managing configuration, testing, and bug fixing involved in creating and maintaining applications and frameworks in a software release life cycle and resulting software products
- Participate in daily scrum meetings to provide the status on the work items to the team members and project manager
- Possess knowledge of and ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts
- Enhance the development and unit tests of all code for data connections to modernization and legacy systems using IT funded resources such as Common Services, Application Program Interfaces (APIs) and Extracts, Transform and Loads (ETLs)
- Provide high level analysis and recommend solutions
- Conduct application development tasks including requirements analysis, formal verification, and formal validation
- Produce technical documentation in support of engineering solutions that include, but are not limited to, architectural drawings, detailed design specifications, and thorough implementation instructions
- Maintain standards compliance
- Develop, update, and maintain program of record documentation
- Enhance management and monitoring of all installed systems
- Monitor the installation, configuration, testing, and maintenance of operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Coach and review the work of lower level technical staff
- Develop technical solutions that require collaboration with internal experts, deep analyses and understanding of impact on end-product/solutions
- Communicate with internal and client project team members
- Work to influence team members regarding solution design, process and/or approaches
What Sets You Apart:
- BS degree and 8 to 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 to 10 years of prior relevant experience
- Ability to multi-task, complete tasks without direct supervision, and function effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work and communicate with and adapt to personnel at all levels and from technical disciplines (software developers, test engineers, system engineers, etc.)
- Know IBM Engineering Workflow Management (EWM)
- Experience with Pega COTS development platform
- Know SAFe Agile methodologies
- Experience with rationalizing applications and workloads across a secured infrastructure
- Experience in requirements analysis
- Strong verbal and written technical communication skills
- U.S. Citizenship or is a lawful permanent resident having been granted the right to live in the United States indefinitely
- Proximity to work primarily onsite with the customer at the New Carrollton Federal Building, secondarily at Leidos HQ in Reston and remotely within one to two hours driving distance of the customer
- Ability to be cleared by the US Government via a Minimum Background Investigation (MBI)
- This offer is contingent upon Leidos being awarded a subcontract under which the work will be performed
You Might Also Have:
- Experience working on projects in an IRS/Treasury environment
- At least one COTS development platform Pega certification
- Experience in Cloud operations such as AWS, GCP, and Azure
- Previous program management experience running applications development or infrastructure based programs for US federal customers
- Demonstrated knowledge of Cloud based application development or infrastructure sustainment
- Cloud Technical, Business or TCO Accreditation
- Cloud Architect, DevOps or SysOps Associate or Professional Certification
- Active IRS MBI
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.