The National Solutions Group at Leidos is seeking a Architecture Engineer to support global enterprise networks. CAN/LAN Service Network Architecture provides solutions for modernizing network components while supporting service delivery for customer requirements in a mission-focused operational enterprise. Our team is completely replacing a global enterprise network while providing design, engineering, and transition for a wide range of customer network requirements. This is a unique and rare opportunity to build and transition critical operations to a modern service provider network architecture.
- Interpret customer requirements and apply standard design approaches for service delivery. Fully document designs with diagrams, bill of materials, cabling sheets, configurations, and other supporting documents.
- Use our private test lab to evaluate new technologies and capabilities, test proposed changes to production networks, and recreate troubleshooting scenarios to support the production enterprise network.
- Schedule maintenance windows for migrating user connections from legacy to the modern infrastructure. Transition services with little to no impact on critical data flows.
- Provide technical expertise to operations engineers and technicians, supporting fault isolation and resolution. Solve tough problems with innovative and scalable solutions.
- Develop secure network designs including configurations that align with Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and enterprise policies. Obtain Authority to Operate (ATO) for new devices, software, and capabilities.
- Supervise (not manage) other network support specialists to plan, coordinate, and implement network services.
- Develop and improve design products, processes, and systems for our team to work efficiently and effectively.
- Although this position focuses on CAN/LAN, this opportunity offers the ability to learn and work on Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) Wide Area Networks (WANs).
- Required Skills, Experience, and Education: Candidate must have 16 years of experience that can be a combination of work history and education. This equates to a Doctorate and 8 years of experience OR Masters and 10 years, Bachelors and 12 years, Associates and 14 years or HS and 16 years.
- Required Clearance: Active TS/SCI with CI Poly.
- Compliance with DoD 8570 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level 2 (Security+ CE)
- Experience specific to Network Engineering to include Tier3 or higher network operations and/or network design and implementation
- Prior responsibility for production network hardware configurations for Cisco, Brocade, and/or Juniper
- Hands-on experience implementing and troubleshooting standard routing protocols in a production network, such as Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) or Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)
- Hands-on experience implementing and troubleshooting standard switching and trunking protocols in a production network, such as Virtual Local Area Networks (VLANs), 802.1q, and port-channels
- Network engineering and design experience specific to CAN/LAN. Experience should include application of industry standards, developing configurations, and integration of solutions into production environments
- Network engineering and design experience with MPLS WANs, network management tools, and firewalls
- Expert knowledge of routing and switching protocols and the ability to demonstrate knowledge through briefings and documentation. Extensive Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) experience a plus. Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or equivalent knowledge.
- Ability to obtain a Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification within one year from the date of hire.
- Initiative and disciplined to work unsupervised as part of a network engineering team. Experience establishing process, developing documents, and organizing repositories a plus.
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $152,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.