Are you an experienced Technology Architect looking for a new and exciting challenge? Look no further than Leidos Innovations Canada! We are seeking a skilled professional to join our team and support the Royal Canadian Air Force Command and Control Information System (AFCCIS) Program at the National Defense Headquarters in Ottawa, Canada. As a Technology Architect, you'll use your expertise to help the Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF) achieve their mission and make a meaningful impact. Don't miss out on this chance to take your career to new heights – apply today!
Are you ready to join a team dedicated to a mission? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Plan, analyze, investigate, design, code, test, integrate, and implement hardware/software and/or hardware/software changes to integrate the current and future versions of RCAF Command and Control (C2) applications (currently GCCS-J and NAPPIC) into production.
- Evaluate potential solutions (software and hardware) in the lab to conclude suitability and to verify that functional, performance, and interface requirements are met before deciding whether to deploy in production.
- Analyze options and recommend which option(s) should be deployed in production.
- Create/update detailed documentation for solutions to be implemented in production. This includes (but is not limited to) System Build Procedures, Interface Control Documents, Implementation Plans, Test Plans and Reports, CONOPS, and Maintenance Plans.
- Create Requests for Change (RFCs) to request approval to deploy software and/or hardware changes in production. Monitor the RFC Impact Assessment (IA) process and resolve issues raised prior to RFC approval being granted.
- Schedule / coordinate the deployment of software and/or hardware changes in production.
- Work with local System Administrators / Users to validate solutions once deployed.
- Work with National Baseline Integration Services (NBIS) to integrate and test RCAF Client Applications in the DND Client Workstation Baseline.
- In-service Support
- Provide Third line support for RCAF applications implemented in production.
- Evaluate technical / engineering issues identified with deployments in production.
- Assist in identifying and implementing the solution(s) to issues.
- Engage software developers/providers (as needed) to help identify/resolve issues.
- Technical Guidance
- Provide technical guidance on issues directly related to the present and/or future implementations of the RCAF C2 applications.
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or engineering and a minimum of two (2) years combined experience working as a Technology Architect OR a two (2) year college certificate in computer science combined with a minimum of four (4) years combined experience as a Technology Architect OR six (6) years demonstrated combined experience within the last ten (10) years as a Technology Architect in an IM/IT similar environment.
- Certification in VMware Certified Professional - Data Center Virtualization or Cloud Management and Automation (VCP-DCV or VCP-CMA) or have successfully completed a Cisco Professional certification (CCNP Cloud or CCNP Data Center or CCNP Routing and Switching) or equivalent certification.
- Four (4) years of demonstrated combined experience within the last ten (10) years working as a Technology Architect in a Protected Network or Classified Network.
- Canadian citizenship required
You Might Also Have:
- Excellent communication skills.
At Leidos, the opportunities are boundless. We inspire our staff with interesting assignments that allow them to thrive professionally and personally. For us, helping you grow your career is good business. We look forward to learning more about you – apply today!
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.