Leidos is seeking talented entry-level systems administrators to support the data center systems at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center. Applies comprehensive knowledge of concepts, processes, practices, and procedures on technical assignments. Performs work that requires comprehensive practical experience and training. Responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining operating system workstations and servers, including virtual, cloud, as well as web servers, in support of business processing requirements. Performs software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages. Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures. Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum performance levels. Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions. Ensures data recovery by implementing a schedule of system backups and data archive operations. Supports data management through internal methods and procedures or through offsite storage and retrieval services. Develops and promotes standard operating procedures. Conducts routine hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines. Develops and maintains a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation.
- Responsible for installation, configuration, administration, support and maintenance of systems, including associated hardware.
- Responsibilities may include management of systems infrastructures, implementing best practices to identify and recommend system functional specifications, configuration of physical and virtual systems, backup and recovery of IT infrastructure.
- Support duties may include updating and maintaining systems by tuning performance or allocating storage capacity.
- Implementing critical and non-critical hardware and software patches, reviewing systems performance logs to identify anomalies and troubleshoot issues.
- Works independently to achieve day-to-day objectives with moderate impact on operational results or project deliverables.
- Responsible for assisting projects or processes within a technical area.
- Implements technical solutions that require collaboration with internal experts, analysis and understanding of impact on infrastructure solutions/services.
- Develops solutions to technical problems and issues that may be unclear and require technical knowledge in coordination with more senior staff.
- Communicates with internal and client project team members.
- Requires general understanding of and ability to apply principles, theories, and concepts of technical domain and understands other related specialty areas such as Windows and/or Linux OS distributions.
- Requires associate or bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Windows or Linux administration certification
- Existing Public Trust clearance
- NASA experience
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.