Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like an environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Civil Group helps modernize infrastructure, systems, and security. We are a trusted partner to both government and highly regulated commercial customers looking for transformative solutions in mission IT, security, software, engineering, and operations. We work with our customers including the FAA, DOE, NASA, National Science Foundation, Transportation Security Administration, Custom and Border Protection, airports, and electric utilities to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient. Our customers take on the toughest challenges out there, and at times need a helping hand from specialists in their fields. We combine our scale as a Fortune 500 company with the deep technical knowledge of our core capabilities and the expertise of our talented and diverse workforce to deliver mission-centric innovations. For each of these core capabilities, we have developed proven, repeatable processes that help us deliver agile, cost-effective solutions to foster a better world.
The Civil Group at Leidos currently has an opening for an Electrical Engineer to work in our Tewksbury, MA facility. As a member of the Leidos’ Security Enterprise Solutions (SES) operations team, you will be joining a diverse and dedicated group who are excited about producing industry leading screening technology. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Electrical Engineer to engage in hands-on work while developing a deep understanding of aviation security products. The role is highly impactful because the products being developed make travel and trade safer, healthier, and more efficient on a global level. Working in a diverse and collaborative R&D environment, this position will be responsible for electro-mechanical design in support of products to maintain, enhance, and grow our extensive line of security detection products. This will include specification, component selections, critical component design, and driving engineering review and document control best practices.
Are you ready to join a team dedicated to a mission? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Work closely with a cross-functional team to deliver best-in-class luggage and people scanners
- Perform fundamental engineering duties in electrical design efforts including development, integration, testing, measuring, and analyses/simulations for a variety of products
- Refine conceptual designs into complete production designs incorporating the appropriate connectors, cables and wiring to meet design criteria
- Research, design, develop, modify, evaluate, and test a variety of electronic equipment and systems
- Create design specification documents
- Develop test procedures and test fixtures in support of design validation
- Provide guidance on material purchasing to support fabrication and systems integration efforts
- Collaborate with a global team including CAD/PCB designers and technicians on design development and release of products
- Collaborate on best practices and promote adoption across the organization
What Sets You Apart:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or closely related field with 6+ years’ experience, or a Master’s degree in related field and 4+ years’ experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Strong documentation and process discipline with close attention to details
- Strong communication skills, including excellent writing and presentation skills
- Strong background in design of power distribution systems, electrical circuits, and network cables
- Proficient in analog and/or digital design
- Must possess the technical background and skills to perform in all phases of electrical circuit design, development, and documentation
- Must possess the technical expertise to read and interpret technical drawings and schematics
- U.S. Citizen/ability to obtain Interim Secret Clearance prior to start date
You Might Also Have:
- Knowledge of Product Development Process
- Hands-on design, prototyping, and debugging experience
- Experience with RF design or FPGA design
- Experience in motion control or automation systems
The Leidos Security Enterprise Solutions (SES) team has developed a suite of integrated solutions for aviation, ports, borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world. We provide automated threat detection for weapons, narcotics, explosives, contraband, and undeclared goods, as well as nuclear and radioactive materials, by leveraging industry leading screening technologies, AI/ML capabilities and advanced biometric tools. We have more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries, including best-in-class security checkpoint and inspection systems for people, checked baggage and more.
Check out the links below to learn more about Security Enterprise Solutions (SES)
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.