The National Solutions Group at Leidos is seeking a opening for Core Network Engineering (Access) to support the customer’s various WAN and LAN networks, in providing network design, upgrades and config support to the architecture team; act as subject matter expert in WAN and LAN technologies and vendors; support customer’s intra- and inter- net and other data communications systems or segments of networked system; and by Providing tiered support as required.
The job duties of the Core Network Engineering (Access) are as follows:
- Design and improve overall MPLS network architecture and network services. Maintain relevant technical documentation.
- Perform lab equipment, software, application, and network services solution evaluation, testing, integration with NMS, and security certification.
- Evaluate new network technologies, solution, and services.
- Support Tier-4 production troubleshooting and develop pro-active network analysis solution of Operation team. Leverage complex network analysis tools to identify and predict problems in the network and aid in the post-mortem analysis of network anomalies.
- Juniper certification or training: JNCIA, JNCIP, and JNCIE.
- Experience in developing and implementing methodologies for analysis, testing, and support of CAN/LAN and WAN networks.
- Familiar with firewalls and network timing.
- Experience with network equipment and solution rolls out, as well as engineering documentation
- Experience with operations and maintenance activities of MPLS networks, MPLS VPN services.
- Experience using complex network analysis tools to identify and correct problems in the network while maintaining logs and records associated with reported problems or situations.
- Experience troubleshooting procedures for restoring the network to optimal performance levels.
Candidate must have 16 years of related/relevant work experience that can be a combination of work history and education. This equates to a Doctorate and 8 years of experience OR Masters and 10 years, Bachelors and 12 years, Associates and 14 years or HS and 16 years.
Must meet Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level 2 certification requirements. .
Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $119,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.