Leidos is hiring a Security Controls Assessor / Assessment and Authorization Specialist!
All work is onsite in Suitland, MD. An active TS/SCI clearance is required to be considered.
This position has the potential to offer a PTO or Sign-on Bonus!
Our new colleague will provide operations, engineering, technical and program management support services and associated supplies to support cyber requirements and operations .
This individual will work independently to achieve critical mission objectives necessary to ensure smooth operations for the customer and other internal/ external agencies.
Collaboration is also key, as this person partners with internal and external customers to develop technical solutions to complex problems in order to timely meet mission objectives.
The Security Controls Assessment (SCA) division executes cybersecurity IT assessments and provides SME in cybersecurity assessment for Navy Intelligence systems/networks in accordance with Federal, DoD, and IC standards to include compliance with NIST SP 800-53 controls.
The division conducts assessments and validations in accordance with the Naval Intelligence AO/DAO guidance and in accordance with the Fleet Cyber Com (FLTCYBERCOM) Navy Authorizing Official (NAO) guidance for systems and Collateral systems (SIPRNet and NIPRNet) respectively.
Additionally, the division provides recommendations on Cybersecurity program deficiencies and shortfalls as they relate to policy directives, program and procedures, and develops assessment and validation strategies for Navy Intelligence stakeholders.
Our new SME will understand advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts in Security Controls Assessment. This individual will influence development of solutions that impact mission goals and objectives. Additionally, our new colleague will resolve highly complex problems using significant application of technical knowledge, conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation of facts and requirements.
- Support the Security Controls Assessment (SCA) of complex IT requirements and security assessment of operational, management, and technical controls for information systems within the Navy Intelligence operational environment and in accordance with Navy RMF guidance, NIST SP 800-37, and NIST SP 800-53.
- Execute SCA activities such as Laboratory Security Assessments, Operational Security Assessments, Cross Domain Solutions [CDS] assessments, Baseline Change Request assessments, Interim Authority to Test (IATT) assessments, documentation reviews, etc. and provide accurate and comprehensive security assessment results and risk posture. This information shall be provided in the form of a Security Assessment Report (SAR) via classified communication channels or other format as directed by government.
- Perform Cybersecurity related research and risk assessments for new technologies that are proposed for use within the Navy Intelligence operational environment and shall provide best practice methods for accomplishing assessments using automated tools that comply with Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP). The format of the research, results, and recommendations is determined by management and may take the form of a briefing, presentation, white paper, or memorandum-type correspondence.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge and employ DISA STIG's, STIG technologies such as Tenable Nessus, STIG Viewer, Security Requirements Guides (SRG), Security Content Checker (SCC), STIG benchmarks, open-source tools such as Vulnerator, and other automated tools to assist with the assessment of security controls and the presentation of security assessment results.
- Develop test procedures for security controls, processes, training materials, and assessment documentation in accordance with DoD and IC cybersecurity policies, directives, and instructions with minimal to no re-work.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- BA/BS in IT, IA or related field and 11+ years of related experience with lCD-503, and/or NIST Framework; additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- 2+ years of project management experience.
- Must adhere to the DOD Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program requirements, DOD 8570.01-M
- Must have one of the following certifications: CAP, GIAC, GSLC, CISM, CISSP or CASP.
- Experience with DoD, DISA, Navy Network Warfare Command
(NNWC), DoDIIS, and IC tools, systems, and reporting mechanisms and requirements for A&A.
- Experience and education in information assurance, e.g., accreditation, security testing and evaluation.
- Experience establishing and managing high performing A&A teams, including adapting industry, DOD, and IC standards to create ISC "best practices".
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $176,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.