The candidate provides user technical support as the user navigates through the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) using WebFOCUS 7, 8 and 9 versions. This will involve troubleshooting WebFOCUS user developed code at time of development through Production. The candidate will work closely with WebFOCUS users as they convert COBOL code, or WebFOCUS 7, or 8 code to WebFOCUS 9.
The candidate will support WebFOCUS version upgrades by performing regression testing and communicating WebFOCUS release information to the user community.
The candidate will prepare monthly communication documents for the WebFOCUS User Community providing sample solutions to problems affecting the user community to improve their independent work developing with WebFOCUS 9.
The applicant may also be tasked with providing training to the WebFOCUS user community. The preparation for training may include designing PowerPoint presentations as well as preparing lectures, teaching classes, publishing announcements, obtaining user’s manuals, etc.
Your passion and values might be a good fit for our teams if you answer “yes” to the following questions:
- Are you looking for a company that puts employees first, with a focus on career, flexibility, and well-being?
- Do you enjoy collaborating with colleagues and teammates and believe that the best ideas are fostered in an inclusive environment?
- Are you searching for a team with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive for daily mission success?
- Are you comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership?
- Do you enjoy being a catalyst, solving complex problems, and providing innovative solutions?
- Do you have the flexibility, creativity, and resilience to pivot the mission for success?
- Do you have the courage to make tough ethical decisions with pride, transparency, and respect?
Mentorship & Career Growth:
Our teams are dedicated to supporting new team members in an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Experienced engineers will be assigned to new hires for one-on-one mentoring, collaborative code reviews, and coaching on customer engagement to help each new hire successfully onboard and demonstrate their skills. Projects and tasks are assigned in a way that leverages your strengths and will help you further develop your skillset.
Foundation for Success (Basic Qualifications):
This experience is the foundation a candidate needs to be successful in this position:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or a related field
- Master’s or Doctorate degree may substitute for required experience
- 8+ years of experience with analysis, design and developing systems using skills identified in this requirement
Factors to Help You Shine (Required Skills):
These skills will help you succeed in this position:
- Superior ability to communicate effectively, communicate orally and in writing with customers, team members, management, vendors and other stakeholders.
- Experience with WebFOCUS versions 8 and 9
- Experience with WebFOCUS InfoAssist+
- Experience with WebFOCUS Designer
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Experience in the Information Technology field performing the full Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Experience with version control software such as MKS and Bitbucket.
- Knowledge of both client/server and mainframe-based systems.
- Ability to independently and rapidly learn new technology, as needed.
- Experience eliciting requirements that lead to identification of business rules.
- Ability to explain complex technical and management information with conciseness, clarity, and accuracy.
- Ability to troubleshoot production report failures.
- Familiarity with extracting data from flat files, DB2, Greenplum and PostgreSQL databases.
How to Stand Out from the Crowd (Desired Skills)
Showcase your knowledge of modern development through the following experience or skills:
- Experience with WebFOCUS versions 7
- Experience with Agile
- Experience with Toad
- Experience with WebFOCUS App Studio
- Experience with Mainframe FOCUS
- Experience with COBOL - Common Business Oriented Language.
- Experience with CSS - Cascading Style Sheets
- Experience with HTML5 - Hyper Text Markup Language
- Experience with MySQL- Structured Query Language
Day to Day Responsibilities:
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams and contribute to our communities. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business. If this sounds like a mission you want to be a part of, keep reading!
Every position we take is more rewarding when you know the why behind it. Know your work makes a difference to support those who need it most. If your passion is enabling life changing service to those around, you this is the place for you. Find you passion in a team environment where all members are valued regardless of contractor or employee status. We are excited for you to take your place in our Leidos Family.
Find your “Why” with us!
- Support WebFOCUS users as they navigates through the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) using WebFOCUS 7, 8 and 9 versions. As needed, assist user in troubleshooting WebFOCUS user developed code at time of development through Production.
- Support WebFOCUS users as they convert COBOL code, or WebFOCUS 7, or 8 code to WebFOCUS 9.
- Support WebFOCUS version upgrades by performing regression testing and communicating WebFOCUS release information to the user community.
- Prepare monthly communication documents for the WebFOCUS User Community providing sample solutions to problems affecting the user community to improve their independent work developing with WebFOCUS 9.
- Conduct training to the WebFOCUS user community. The preparation for training may include designing PowerPoint presentations as well as preparing lectures, teaching classes, publishing announcements, obtaining user’s manuals, etc.
Education & Qualifications
- Master’s degree and 6+ years of experience in a training-related field or bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of experience in a training-related field
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust
Leidos’ Health Group is recognized as a Top 10 Health IT provider. We draw on decades of success to deliver a range of solutions and services designed to meet the healthcare challenges of today. From the research bench to the patient bedside, we are a company of scientists, engineers, and technologists delivering a broad range of impactful, customizable, and scalable solutions to hospitals and health systems, biomedical organizations, and every U.S. federal agency focused on health. Leidos works with customers across the continuum of care to improve clinical, operational, and financial outcomes with innovative solutions that advance the next generation of care. Our mission is to contribute to creating a healthier world. Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today! ITSSCII
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.