Looking for an opportunity to make an impact? Join the Leidos Civil IT (CivIT) team in accelerating cybersecurity in a changing world where we make a difference by protecting critical networks for our government and commercial customers.
Leidos is looking for a new Cyber Analyst to join our Security Operations Center (SOC) in Fairmont, WV/Boulder, CO in support of our customer at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). The NOAA SOC comprises of 20 analysts performing 24/7 operations.
Learn more about NOAA here: https://careers.leidos.com/
- Perform against established operational rhythm, expectations, and standards for Security Operations Center (SOC) analysts
- Part of the 24x7 operations of the NOAA SOC, supporting shift coverage
- Perform incident handling responsibilities with direct interface to customers and management team
- Perform analysis on anomalous behavior based on log data from firewalls, packet capture, web proxy services, network flow analysis, intrusion detection, and malware analysis tools
- Operate freely to further investigate and escalate in accordance with protocols and contractual SLAs
- Identify areas of improvement for SOC processes and tools to enhance the mission
- Provide teaching / mentoring junior levels
- Bachelor's degree and 2+ years of prior relevant background to operate within the scope contemplated by the level or a Master's with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience; experience in lieu of degree may be acceptable.
- Prior background performing as a SOC analyst
- Working knowledge of SIEM solutions and incident management solutions
- Technical understanding of core cybersecurity technologies as well as emerging capabilities.
- Strong systematic and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player
- CEH, GCIH, or relevant IT technology certification is required
- Upbeat and positive attitude
- Hands-on cybersecurity exposure.
- Demonstrated comprehension of the life cycle of cybersecurity threats, attacks, attack vector, and methods of exploitation with a grasp of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs).
- Familiarity or background in Intelligence Driven Defense, Cyber Kill Chain methodology, and/or MITRE ATT&CK framework.
- Familiarity with Cloud concepts and background performing monitoring and replying to threats in Cloud environments.
- Familiarity with the NOAA mission.
- Must be a U.S Citizen.
- Be able to maintain security clearance, specifically DoD/Top Secret Clearance (Interim Top Secret or adjudicated Secret acceptable).
- Fairmont, WV
- Boulder, CO
Pay Range:Pay Range $63,050.00 - $97,000.00 - $130,950.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.