Come work for one of the BEST companies in government contracting! Leidos is named as one of the Best Companies to Work For by US News, as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for the 6th consecutive year, and as one of America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. Everything we do is built on our commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our employees, and our communities. Our Leidos Life program puts our employee’s first with a focus on Career, Flexibility and Well-Being.
We know once you join the Leidos team you are sure to end each day knowing you made a difference, resulting in one of the most rewarding careers you could imagine!
The Leidos Intelligence Group has an exciting opening in our Pricing Department for an experienced Cost Volume Lead / Senior Pricing Analyst. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who wants to be part of a great team of dedicated professionals who are committed to supporting one another and creating competitive, compliant winning bids for our awesome customers. The successful individual will be able to work both independently and as part of a proposal team, have experience developing outstanding and compliant Cost/Proposal narratives and pricing files. They will be capable of leading the Cost Volume team on pricing strategy, RFP compliance and meeting deadlines, and will possess excellent communication skills, attention to detail, a demonstrated track record of problem-solving capabilities and the ability to multi-task and thrive in a deadline-driven environment.
This position allows partial telework; however, you will be required to commute or travel to Columbia - MD, Gaithersburg - MD, Reston - VA, or Chantilly - VA for onsite visits to support large and/or classified proposals.
- Develop complete and compliant Cost/Price Volume narratives and/or proposal pricing for the corporation’s largest and most complex proposals,
- Lead the proposal Cost/Price Volume teams, including contracts, subcontracts & procurement, capture management, finance, and technical estimators to produce fully compliant, complete and compelling and awardable Cost/Price proposals,
- Participate in proposal development and compliance meetings, such as: pricing strategy discussions, price-to-win and risk reviews, peer reviews, bid / no-bid decisions, color reviews including Red Team compliance assessments, white glove pre-submittal reviews, etc.,
- Prepare Pricing files in accordance with company policies and RFP instructions,
- Participate in cost and pricing peer reviews of Cost/Price Volume narratives and supporting Pricing files,
- Create dynamic cost models using advanced Excel skills,
- Mentor and train less experienced professional employees.
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related discipline with 8+ years of Pricing related experience. Additional years of experience in government contracting principals and pricing analysis will be considered in lieu of a degree
- Experience in all aspects of proposal development, pricing strategy, government contracting and contract types (Cost-Plus, FFP, T&M, IDIQ, GSA Schedules, etc)
- A good working knowledge of FAR/DFAR, CAS, DCMA/DCAA, and basic estimating methodologies
- Willing to apply a ‘cradle-to-grave’ proposal mentality; overseeing a bid from its pre-RFP stages all the way through its successful submittal and award, with the understanding some evening and weekend work may occasionally be required
- Highly proficient with the Microsoft Office suite of tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and knowledge of pricing tools and templates, and ability to model business cases
- Ability to build dynamic Excel pricing models and to handle large/complex data sets
- Demonstrated ability to understand government/customer requirements, apply contracting and pricing principles, and develop compelling solutions
- Must be internal and external customer focused and possess professional demeanor with excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and thrive in a faced-paced deadline driven environment
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Must be able to acquire Secret clearance.
- Current Secret or Top Secret level clearance
- Advanced degree/certification (MBA, NCMA, ICEAA, etc.)
- Experience with commercial business models
- Experience with international proposals
- Advanced Excel skills (lookups, pivot tables)
- ProPricer experience
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $130,000.00 - $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.