Leidos is seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented IT Procurement and Inventory Specialist to join our Information Assurance team. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in managing the procurement process, maintaining an accurate inventory of IT assets, and ensuring their lifecycle management through an organized and efficient system.
- Collaborate with various departments to gather IT hardware and software requirements and prepare purchase requisitions.
- Source and evaluate vendors, negotiate prices, terms, and contracts for IT-related products and services.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the IT market trends, products, and pricing to ensure cost-effectiveness.
- Utilize a ticketing system to receive and manage procurement requests, keeping all stakeholders informed of status and updates.
- Coordinate with finance and accounting teams to ensure timely payment processing for purchases and invoices.
- Receive, inspect, and document all incoming IT assets and update the inventory system accordingly.
- Conduct regular audits of the IT inventory to identify discrepancies, and resolve any issues promptly.
- Monitor asset lifecycle data, including warranties, maintenance contracts, and end-of-life information.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures for IT procurement and asset management.
- Prepare reports and metrics on procurement and inventory activities for management review.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Finance, Accounting, IT, Engineering, Business Management, or a related field or 2-4 years of prior relevant experience.
- Proven experience in IT procurement, inventory management, or a related role.
- Familiarity with IT hardware, software, and services procurement processes.
- Proficiency in using ticketing systems for request management and tracking.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail to maintain accurate inventory records.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills to liaise with vendors and internal stakeholders.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of IT asset lifecycle management concepts and practices.
- Knowledge of relevant regulations and compliance requirements in IT procurement and inventory management.
- Certification in procurement, supply chain, or IT asset management.
- Experience working with IT asset management software and inventory tracking tools.
- Previous exposure to financial management and budgeting related to IT procurement.
- Experience with ITIL framework and implementation of Information Technology Service Management.
- Knowledge of, and practical experience with the NIST Special Publications 800 Series, CNSSI 1253, and DoD 8500.
- Experience with DoD implementation of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and governing directives (NIST, CNSS, DCSA, etc.).
- Familiarity with the Joint Special access Program Implementation Guide (JSIG).
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Top Secret Clearance.
Pay Range:Pay Range $53,300.00 - $82,000.00 - $110,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.