The Litigation Support Team at Leidos currently supporting the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) in Los Angeles, CA has an opening for a Paralegal to work in a downtown Los Angeles, CA DOJ office performing Senior Paralegal duties. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the U.S. Department of Justice achieve their mission.
The Legal Assistant l will work under the direction of a Supervisory Legal Assistant and is assigned between one to five Assistant United States Attorneys (AUSA). The types of litigation support required under this contract generally include:
• Examining, preparing and processing a variety of technical legal documents, e.g., complaints, motions, orders, answers, pleadings, and subpoenas.
• Providing assistance to attorneys in trial preparations.
• Assembling trial exhibits, affidavits, discovery in various formats, and other legal documents.
• Assembling and organizing files and records materials for disposition or transfer to records depository.
• Maintaining calendar of assigned active cases.
• Tracking filing, hearing, and trial dates, and scheduling conferences and interviews.
• Arranging travel by preparing itinerary and securing transportation and hotel reservations.
• Producing a variety of written documents and materials using a wide range of office software applications.
- At least one year of specialized litigation experience required, however over three years is preferred.
- Familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word processing, databases (such as document review and file management systems), spreadsheets, imaging, and hardware systems.
- Must be knowledgeable user of the Government's office and network environment, including but not limited to, word processing, database, spreadsheet, imaging, and telecommunications systems.
- Must be a US Citizen and able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
- Experience working in a Government and/or Litigation Support environment in conjunction with basic qualifications
- Trial experience
- Current or active clearance
- Paralegal Certificate
This position is covered under the Service Contract Act and is subject to minimum wage requirements as well as the minimum Health and Welfare benefit. Leidos will ensure that all provisions are met through their wages and benefits. The pay for this position will be $24.29/hr.
In 2023, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the sixth consecutive year. We were also ranked #2 on the Forbes’ list of Best Employers for Veterans and #26 on Careers & The Disabled Magazine’s list of Top 50 Employers for the Disabled!
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.