Leidos is seeking a Exchange System Administrator to support a large enterprise IT contract for the DOD. This role requires an individual with subject matter expertise administering Exchange and email retention systems within a physical and virtual server environment. Duties include examining incidents and problems and suggesting and implementing appropriate corrective action to initiate a repair or return to service. These include maintaining systems for email journaling, archiving, and eDiscovery on local and cloud platforms. This role analyzes recurring problems and initiates solutions for preventing reoccurrence and analyzes existing infrastructure for tuning/performance enhancements. The individual will provide systems and software operations and maintenance support in a large, multi-enclave enterprise environment. This individual will work in a team environment to ensure mission needs are met and ensure functionality of capabilities of customers. Individuals in this role may be required to perform technical software configuration, rebooting, and other remedial actions on servers.
• Individuals in this role may be required to remotely log into servers in order to perform technical software configuration, rebooting, and other remedial actions.
• Provide implementation, troubleshooting, maintenance, and monitoring support for physical and virtual servers. Rapidly distinguish isolated user problems from enterprise-wide application and system problems.
• Collaborate with peers and other service lanes to perform network latency analysis to address slow connections and user experience issues.
• Lead effort to collect data, conduct analysis, develop, and implement solutions associated with incident tickets and requirements.
• Establish and maintain comprehensive availability and capacity management solution using lessons learned and best business practices
• Provide follow-up reports (technical findings, feedback, resolution steps taken) for root cause analysis, operational assessment and process improvement initiatives.
• Support customer requirements in a 24/7/365 environment and be able to provide on-call support during outages occurring after hours.
• Update operations and monitoring documentation for 24/7/365 Operations Watch personnel.
• Supporting issues related to group mailboxes and distribution lists to include designating an end-user(s) as the group mailbox owner.
• Managing and operating email routing devices and services (like McAfee, Proofpoint and Edge devices).
• Perform day-to-day management and administration for Exchange Online system within an Office 365 hybrid/cloud environment.
• Manage, maintain, and troubleshoot email retentions systems utilizing Veritas Enterprise Vault.
• Managing roles and services, user permissions, email queues, and dynamic distribution groups.
• Implementation of Exchange PowerShell to fulfill automation tasks
• Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, US Citizenship is required.
• TS/SCI with a Poly is required for this position or TS/SCI and willingness to obtain a Poly.
• Experience with interacting with service lanes to handle service inquiries and problems.
• Extensive experience working as a Tier 2 system administrator: familiar with using exchange/vault tools.
• Extensive experience with Office 365 and Microsoft Exchange 2016
• Extensive knowledge of Enterprise Vault solutions to reduce active server storage requirements
• Extensive Experience with Scripting/Automation through Exchange PowerShell or other scripting languages
• Experience troubleshooting issues in a growing environment.
• Time management skills with the ability to work within an IT Service Management/ticketing system (ServiceNow) independently
• Strong oral and written communications skills.
• Strong leadership and mentoring skills to guide and improve team skill composition.
• Track record of working effectively within a team, and support to peers toward improved processes and results.
• Ability to triage and properly classify incidents and prioritize work efforts accordingly
• Extensive experience with planning, deploying, and documenting patch and configuration updates
• Extensive Knowledge of Disaster Recovery for High Availability for a Large Environment
• Extensive Experience with log reviews, incident analysis, and identification of issue trends
• Experience with server patch management methodologies utilizing SCCM
• Must, at a minimum, meet DoD 8570.11- IAT Level II certification requirements (currently Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, GSEC, or SSCP).
• Bachelor’s Degree with 8+ years (4 years of additional experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor's degree) or a Master’s Degree with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
Pay Range:Pay Range $87,100.00 - $157,450.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:08/21/2023
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.