The Database Administrator will join a high performing agile team using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to support a nationally significant program. The program is using Behavioral Driven Development (BDD) and test automation tools alongside a full suite of team collaboration tools. Program execution follows DEVOPS best practices and employs robust development, test and production environments. The program provides system engineering, development, test, integration, and operational support to a large, fast-paced program, and is developing infusing new technology and adding advanced capabilities while continuing to support an on-going mission and operational system.
Leidos is seeking a Database Administrator (DBA) to support our customer’s mission critical operational program. The DBA will maintain the integrity, security, and availability of multiple databases. Duties include disaster recovery, performance analysis and tuning, index maintenance, and monitoring of data. Administers, maintains, develops, and implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database. Evaluates and recommends available database management system products. Performs database and software lifecycle activities to ensure the highest level of system performance, availability, and compliance with business requirements. Performs Oracle, SQL Server, and SYBASE Database and Application server administration. Organizes and formats data for efficient query and storage processes.
- Recommend design and implementation practices that optimize the performance of GOTS/COTS databases and applications.
- Perform daily database administration, monitoring, and troubleshooting of system database and Streams replication issues.
- Track and respond to reported database issues using tools provided by the customer.
- Monitor database performance and memory allocations using standard tools.
- Troubleshoot and resolve database problems as reported by the customers or task lead.
- Perform database recovery actions.
- Modify database, as necessary, to address escalated help desk incidents related to operator tokens or MGCs.
- Modify existing database scripts to enhance systems support and create new database scripts for recurring database issues.
- Develop and execute SQL queries for routine and ad hoc requests.
- Transition/ingest legacy data.
- Perform system updates and Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA) patching.
Security Clearance requirement:
- Must possess active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance to be considered for this role.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline and 10 years of experience Four years of additional database administrator experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Ten years of demonstrated experience as a database administrator.
- Must have at least 3 years of Oracle Database Administration experience.
- Must have experience implementing and maintaining database security.
- Must have experience conducting database performance tuning and monitoring.
- Must have experience troubleshooting and resolving database problems/issues.
- Must have experience installing, configuring, and upgrading RDBMS software.
- Must have experience with procedural languages, for example: PL/SQL.
- Experience with Mongo.
- 3 years of experience with Oracle Grid/RAC in a Linux environment.
- Experience with real time highly available data replication technologies such as Oracle Data Guard, Oracle Streams, Oracle Golden Gate, Sybase Replication Server.
- Experience with MySQL.
- Experience with Cassandra.
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.