Leidos is currently seeking a Software Engineer (SWE) for the ATS Geospatial Content Management System (AGCMS). The SWE will be responsible for sustainment activities and will manage all aspects of analyst generated spatial data for NGA. AGCMS utilizes ESRI products to manage storage, discovery, access, dissemination, and processing in a cloud environment.
This opportunity will provide professional growth that is singularly focused on providing world class solutions to our customer in an exciting, collaborative, and inclusive environment. You will be challenged and provided a tremendous opportunity for growth in a customer-facing, fast-paced, and rewarding environment.
Position can also be performed in the following locations:
- Alexandria, VA
- St. Louis, MO
- Tucson, AZ
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI Eligibility
- Use Agile development tools such as Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket/Git to manage work and collaborate with your team.
- Support creation and updating of all relevant documentation and specifications for design, development, and testing.
- Identify potential roadblocks and develop around them.
- Plan and estimate development tasks and work to improve performance metrics.
- Own delivery of small parts of a system or application.
- Work closely with other engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Build software solutions where the solution is not always well defined but always considers the customer first.
- US citizenship is required per contract.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Information Systems or equivalent experience and less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience with building front-end or back-end Java applications or Django Python.
- Experience with Java Frameworks (Spring, Hibernate) and RESTful web services.
- Familiarity with Cloud/Amazon Web Services.
- Support the Agile software development lifecycle following Program SAFe practices.
- Knowledge of a version control system (e.g., Git, and Jenkins).
- Leverage Atlassian tool suite like JIRA and Confluence to track activities.
- Demonstrated technical skills with data management and working knowledge of Geospatial Information Systems (GIS).
- Familiarity with ArcGIS Server to create and manage GIS Web services, applications, and data.
- Familiarity with GeoServer to share, process, and edit geospatial data.
- Familiarity with Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) standards-based web services such as Web Map Service (WMS), Web Coverage Service (WCS), Web Feature Service (WFS), Web Processing Service (WPS), and Web Map Tile Service (WMTS).
This position has a target range for compensation of $75,000 - $85,000. This is a firm fixed price contract and does not allow for negotiations outside of this target range.
Pay Range:Pay Range $53,300.00 - $82,000.00 - $110,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.