The QA Process Lead will support operations for the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO). As a Leader in the organization, the successful candidate will be expected to collaborate and coordinate with a geographically distributed team while working independently to design, test, and implement IT management and implementation process models and industry best practices to accelerate digital modernization across the enterprise. The QA process lead will work closely with the performance management lead to ensure all activities across the program follow documented industry standard best practices, facilitate meeting or exceeding all performance objectives, and incorporate continuous improvement and innovation.
The successful candidate will:
- Perform due diligence and knowledge transfer of incumbent/customer personnel to identify near-term improvements to management and engineering processes
- Develop process flows, conduct root cause analysis investigations, and perform internal audits.
- Evaluate processes, tools, and technology capabilities to identify opportunities for continual innovation and improvement
- Lead the identification, management, and adoption of technical innovations and the innovation process
- Assess engineering artifacts and develops models of systems using industry leading tool suites and innovation process techniques
- Work closely with operations and cybersecurity teams to enhance scalability, increase productivity, and accelerate delivery speed of IT services using industry standards including Lean Six Sigma methods
- Tailor and optimize IT management methodologies, processes, and tools to accelerate innovation throughput using measurable systems engineering modeling techniques
- Provide technical advice and guidance to senior managers regarding the creation and implementation of new methods and techniques
- Attend Technical Exchange Meetings (TEMs) with industry leading engineers across multiple disciplines
- Document potential Continual Innovation and Improvement (CI2) opportunities to include identifying mission benefits, cost savings, productivity gains, staff reductions, etc.
- Ensure adherence to all Leidos standards, policies, and best practices; including execution of internal audits per EngineeringEdge Tailored Process Baseline requirements.
- US Citizenship
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and 8+ years of prior relevant work experience within IT
- Experienced with the implementation and operation of ITSM processes aligned with ITIL IV
- Understanding of key ITSM processes including Incident Management, Problem Management, and Continual Service Improvement
- DoD 8570 IAT or IAM Level III certification
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of stakeholders
- Knowledge and familiarity with the fundamental of agile project management
- Manage multiple assignments, changing priorities, and work independently with little oversight
- Experience with cybersecurity metrics, inspection metrics, and enterprise risk management measures via dashboard for situational awareness
- Knowledge of Lean Six-Sigma/Continuous Process Improvement (CPI)
- Experience maintaining Improvement Plans which consists of approve mitigations; participates in self-assessments and surveys; implement and track corrective action plans for all reportable findings
- Experience auditing to external quality standards such as ISO or CMMI or specifications
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint & Visio)
- ITIL IV Certification
- ISO trained; strong knowledge of quality methodologies, tools, etc.
- Lean Six Sigma green belt or higher certification
- DOE and/or NNSA site experience strongly preferred
- 3+ years experience with one or more industry leading automation and SOAR tools/platform
- Knowledge of Department of Energy (DOE) and/or NNSA security policies and procedures
- Experience working in both Classified and Unclassified operations
- Experience working within Managed Service environments
- Knowledge of and/or experience with SD 205.1
- Travel up to 10%
**Must be a U.S. Citizen with an Active DOE L or Secret Clearance (or higher) to be considered for this role.**
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $152,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.