The Inventory Control Specialist will be maintaining/updating the automated inventory system as well as entering all new equipment into the inventory system. This position is in support of the Center for Domestic Preparedness (CDP), CDP is a national training facility located in Anniston, Alabama that prepares state and local emergency response personnel to respond to all hazards, including terrorist attacks using weapons of mass destruction, by providing hands on training. Training courses provided by CDP provide specific knowledge and expertise for deterrence, prevention and response to Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and Explosive (CBRNE), mass casualty, and hazardous materials incidents by providing advanced, hands-on and classroom-based state of the art training.
- Assistance to the Property Book Officer.
- Supports training delivery through the care, maintenance, and accountability of all training equipment and supplies.
- Responsible for maintaining/updating the automated inventory system as well as entering all new equipment into the inventory system.
- Track training support purchases through the document registry, submit weekly reports and make daily updates as needed.
- Generate purchases requests forms, obtain vendor quotes, research best prices and order items as needed.
- Perform inventory control and accountability of all equipment, supplies, and consumables.
- Examine/inspect stock items for wear or defects and responsible for reporting any damage to supervisors.
- Maintain records on the use and/or damage of stock or stock handling equipment inventory movements using inventory control system and fill independent demands for material requisitions.
- Performs Logistics functions to include warehousing packing, shipping, maintaining, repairing, and accounting for supplies and equipment.
- Completes equipment supply requests to maintain minimum inventory levels.
- Travels in support of position requirements.
- Complies with safety procedures.
- Maintains all equipment in good operating condition for users to successfully perform the tasks.
- Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature where the ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required.
- Decisions or failure to achieve results may cause delays in schedules.
- Normally receives some instruction on routine work, general instructions on new assignments.
- Maintain a valid Driver’s License with the ability to operate Non-CDL vehicles in support of training delivery
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School education or equivalent and a minimum of 2 years of experience.
- Must possess computer skills and have the ability to handle electronic data.
- Ability to work logically and systematically, with good time management.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, written and oral skills, to include the ability to work well as a team.
- Ability to lift, turn, and carry heavy equipment (up to 60 pounds) to support training.
- Computer skills are preferred.
- Must be able to accommodate a flexible work schedule.
- Must be able to enter, retrieve, and adjust data from various sources, verbal and written and electronic.
- Must be able to communicate requirements and information to internal customers and outside agencies.
- Must be able to travel to local and distant destinations to support training and to represent the company as needed.
- Must be able to successfully meet the requirements of this position in a timely manner on a routine (full-time) basis.
- Due to Federal Contract Regulations, U. S. citizenship is required.
- Must have an accepted form of government-issued ID compliant with the Real ID Act
- Must submit to and obtain final suitability by successful completion of a pre-placement screening consisting of background check, financial institutions/credit bureau check, and disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act.
Pay Range:Pay Range $31,200.00 - $56,400.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.