The National Security Space Operation (NSS) at Leidos is seeking a talented Systems Engineering, Integration and Test (SEIT) Lead to join a diverse team in Huntsville, Alabama to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, NSS provides alert, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
In anticipation of award for the Space Development Agency’s (SDA) National Defense Space Architecture Tranche 2 Tracking Layer program, NSS is seeking to fill a key position of Systems Engineering, Integration and Test (SEIT) Lead. The T2 Tracking Layer effort will provide the capability to provide global, consistent indications, detection, warning, tracking, and identification of advanced missile threats, including hypersonic missile systems. The T2 Tracking Layer scope includes up to 27 space vehicles (SVs), ground systems as well as operations with a total period of performance up to 8 years. Each SV is equipped with an IR mission payload, three (3) Optical Communications Terminals (OCT), and Ka-band communications payload. Dynetics is a top provider of missile warning/missile tracking technology with awards on SDA Tranche 0 and Tranche 1 for critical IR mission payloads.
This position will require full time on-site work in Huntsville, AL.
- Accountable for guiding Systems Engineering, Integration and Test (SEIT) activities for space vehicles and space-related systems.
- Direct the systems engineering effort for a constellation of space vehicles.
- Oversee the spacecraft factory AI&T, and its integration with program.
- Perform planning, estimation, scheduling, and resource management to boost the development of integration and test planning, tooling, and equipment.
- Manage system test, systems engineering and AI&T personnel, promote program management and engineering review boards, and interface with customers routinely.
- Must have work experience in directing project teams for SEIT activities.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering, or closely related field from an ABET accredit institute.
- A minimum of 12 years of relevant work history in the aerospace or spaceflight industry.
- Knowledge of requirements management, development, qualification, and SEIT for spaceflight hardware is needed.
- Demonstrated expertise with Microsoft Project, MBSE, and digital engineering, test automation and Continuous Integration.
- Must be a U.S Citizen
- Prior history/experience guiding or performing final integration of payloads to a satellite bus.
- Prior history/experience directing systems engineering and system test teams.
- Relevant work experience with system level testing, verification, validation, and selloff is desired.
- Guiding, planning, or performing qualification or acceptance testing on space programs is ideal.
- Flight or ground system testing.
- Relevant work with programs and flight readiness/acceptance processes or equivalent
- space flight system development, preferably related to Department of Defense programs.
- Knowledge with Military, Government, or Commercial space-related programs.
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams, design engineers, specialists, manufacturing, project management and customer representatives.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, and ability to work with multiple interfaces.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen and be able to possess (and maintain) a final Secret security clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret security clearance.
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $213,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.