Unleash Your Potential
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
At Leidos, we pride ourselves on being a trusted and technology-focused solutions provider. Our Power Delivery Services Team is the go-to for utilities and mobile operators who need reliable power and telecommunication expertise. We've worked with over 50 investor-owned utilities, over 160 municipals/cooperatives, and we're continuing to expand our reach. Plus, we've got an amazing group of industry-leading construction partners who help us deliver meaningful Energy Delivery Solutions.
Our recognition as an industry leader has been confirmed time and time again. Engineering News-Record (ENR) has ranked Leidos among the Top 10 T&D Firms and Top 10 Power Firms.
We are seeking a Distribution Engineering Supervisor to assist in the oversight of a team responsible for developing construction work packages for the electric distribution system using various software systems and construction standards. Your team will utilize Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools, Work Management Systems (WMS), and other client systems to develop work packages. You will also have oversight of assignments such as preparing forestry trimming requests, facilitating permit and Right-of-Way acquisition, developing BOM, estimating costs, and customer advocacy such as acquiring easements or calculating a customer Contribution in Aid of Construction (CIAC).
As a Distribution Engineering Supervisor, you can expect to:
- Assist in the oversight and development of work packages for OH, UG, URD, Make Ready, and Street Light projects, using customer GIS and WMS systems
- Manage scope, schedule, and budget of work assigned.
- Perform functional tasks, planning, and/or customer follow-up
- Initiate continuous improvement to workflow processes that drive efficiency and high-quality standards in client design deliverables
- Collaborate with other design leads on broad client issues including schedule adherence and team quality control
- Assist in QAQC efforts for your design team
This role is hybrid in nature. Candidates should be located in the greater Orlando area, in order to provide support to internal teams and Leidos’ utility customers as needed. Some occasional local or regional travel is anticipated, including on-site or in-office meetings with Leidos' customers.
What Sets You Apart (Required Qualifications):
- A minimum of 2 years of prior relevant experience either working directly with an electric utility or an electric utility consulting company, performing electric distribution design engineering.
- Bachelors Degree in an Engineering Discipline from an ABET accredited institution; Additional relevant experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Experience and demonstrated proficiency with National Electric Safety Code (NESC)
- Prior experience with structural analysis, guying calcs, cable pulling calcs, coordination of protective devices, and electric demand and fault currents calculations.
- Strong communication skills, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to work with limited supervision; Ability to work effectively in teams.
- Candidates with prior formal leadership experience will be preferred
You might also have:
- Experience Providing estimated costs, development of a BOM, calculating the CIAC.
- Experience using Design tools such as Pole Foreman, SOCKET, Spida-Calc, MicroStation
- Experience with Work management software and job estimating software.
- PMP certification and/or EIT
We challenge our staff with interesting assignments that provide them with an opportunity to thrive, professionally and personally. For us, helping you grow your career is good business.
Leidos Civil Group helps modernize infrastructure, systems, and security. We are a trusted partner to both government and highly-regulated commercial customers looking for transformative solutions in mission IT, security, software, engineering, and operations. We work with our customers including the FAA, DOE, NASA, National Science Foundation, Transportation Security Administration, Custom and Border Protection, airports, and electric utilities to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient. Our customers take on the toughest challenges out there, and at times need a helping hand from specialists in their fields. We combine our scale as a Fortune 500 company with the deep technical knowledge of our core capabilities and the expertise of our talented and diverse workforce to deliver mission-centric innovations. For each of these core capabilities, we have developed proven, repeatable processes that help us deliver agile, cost-effective solutions to foster a better world. To explore and learn more, click here!
Pay Range:Pay Range $54,600.00 - $98,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.