Leidos is seeking a Cyber Security Analyst with the technical expertise to perform a broad range of information assurance engineering tasks in a complex customer environment. This position has a particular focus on incident response and threat assessment as part of a Security Operations Center (SOC). As a condition of employment, this position requires the candidate pass both a customer required medical and psychological screening.
- Information gathering, port, and vulnerability scanning and analysis according to policy
- Scheduling, execution, and tracking of vulnerability remediation activities
- Coordinate with different teams to improve threat detection, response, and improve overall security posture of managed systems
- Monitor and reply to events and alerts from the SIEM, monitoring tools, and other network tools.
- Conduct proactive SIEM tuning to provide accurate reporting and improve collection of actionable data
- Compile incident reports, executive summaries, and analysis reports of intrusions and/or security events
- While not in a period of incident response, conduct continuous exercises and dry runs to improve response outcomes in the event of a cyber-incident
- Security monitoring, analysis, and incident response
- Tracking and reporting of security patch/upgrade implementation
- Development of security policies, processes, and procedures
- Development of information security documents
- Conducting security audits
- Development and delivery of presentations
- Security test and evaluation
- STIG/Checklist auditing.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 8 years of related experience or Masters and 4 years of related experience. Additional years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- Clearance: Active TS/SCI with polygraph required
- Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security +ce or higher
- 5 years of experience in system administration, database administration, network engineering, software engineering, or software development, with a concentration in Cyber Security
- 3 years of experience in incident detection and response, system administration, database administration, network engineering, software engineering, or software development
- Proficient in Windows 10 / 11
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2019 / 2022
- Knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 9
- Expertise with network topologies and network security device functions (e.g. Firewall, IDS/IPS, Proxy, DNS, etc.).
- Expertise in network and host-based analysis and investigation
- Familiarity with operation of both Windows and Linux based systems
- Certifications such as CySA, CEH, GCIA, or GCIH
- Experience with SIEM platforms
- Experience with Enterprise vulnerability scanners
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $176,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.