Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
Leidos Defense Group's Airborne ISR Solutions currently has an opening for a Quality Assurance Manager to work closely with our ASO leadership. We deliver differentiated solutions and services to our customers. We design, integrate, deliver, operate and provide full life cycle sustain technically advanced manned and unmanned aerial platforms and mission equipment payloads.
What’s in it for you?
As the Airborne Solution Operation Quality Engineering & Control Assurance Manager you will be expected to utilize your experience to implement and oversee aviation quality assurance and quality control procedures in order to create a safe and efficient operating environment. Your efforts will help ensure performance through scheduled internal process audits and the consistent facilitation of structure improvement activities. Your duties will include the development of processes and procedures that align the Operation with DCMA 8210.1C, AS9100, IS-BAO and FAA FAR requirements as well as the execution of established program execution and mission assurance requirements. This requires a broad understanding of all aspects of aviation including maintenance and operation functions.
THE CHALLENGE (primary responsibilities)
• POC for all Aviation Quality Assurance and Quality Control functions in the Operation
• Oversee DCMA 8210.1c compliance for the Operation
• Ensuring and monitoring that maintenance operations is completed in accordance with FAA 14 CFR Part 43, Leidos policies and procedures and OEM approved technical data
• Ensuring quality standards to maintain ISO 9100/9110 certifications
• Sustain and maintain IS-BAO Certificate for Registration for specified programs within the operation
• Performing site audits to ensure Leidos policies and procedures, FAA regulations and customer requirements are being met
• Addressing Internal and External Corrective Action Requests (CAR) and provide a timely, sustained resolution through Root Cause Analysis
• Working closely with technical experts to ensuring that aircraft modifications or component changes are in compliance with approved technical data and procedures
• Providing guidance to programs on documenting, analyzing and tracking requirement escapes
• Performing deep dives and root cause analysis to analyze program issues/problems and assist the technical staff with immediate containment, corrective and preventive actions/effective solutions
• Coordinating and/or presenting weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual quality reports
• Ensuring suppliers and subcontractors have established quality management systems and operate in accordance with program requirements and flow down quality requirements
• Ensure programs establish and maintain approved vendor lists and help drive a combined AVL for flow down quality requirements by product type
• Assist with improvements to program peer review processes to ensure metric tracking provides value added inputs on trends and areas for improvement
• Deployment and implementation of appropriate Quality Management System processes
• Recommending, facilitating, tracking and reporting on continuous process improvement activities
• Leveraging new approaches to transform and mature continuous improvements with Lean Six Sigma initiatives and assist with implementing streamline audits that cover multiple standard requirements
• Implementing audit practices for internal processes and products
• Providing the Operations Manager and Division Managers with timely metrics and audit outcomes to gauge progress towards quality objectives
• Travel to locations as required for program support and/or audits
• Reporting to higher-level management on Quality Achievement and act as liaison for enterprise quality initiatives for the program
• Support new business and ensure all inscope programs have quality credential requests, initial TPBs and QA BOEs that are approved by the QEC Director
WHAT SETS YOU APART (basic qualifications)
• Bachelor’s Degree and eight (8) years of prior relevant experience; or Master’s with six (6) year of prior relevant experience. Additional years of direct experience working in aviation programs in support of defense contracts under DCMA INST 8210.1 / AR 95-20 requirements may be substituted for degree.
• Must have at least 6-8 years of experience of working ASO/Defense Aviation programs as well as experience leading teams and projects
• Must have knowledge of IS-BAO and FAA FAR requirements
• In depth knowledge of DCMA 8210.1C and AS9100/AS9110 requirements.
• Must have experience in obtaining and sustaining Site AS9100/9001 requirements.
• Ability to review and provide quality assurance/control inputs to aviation program manuals, forms, and records.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain credentials to access military installations.
• Must be proficient in utilizing Microsoft Office products.
• Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
Security Clearance and Passport Requirement
• Must have a DoD Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain TS/SCI
• Must be a US Citizen and have a valid passport
• Must be willing and able to travel to locations as needed (OCONUS travel may include)
Pay Range:Pay Range $105,300.00 - $162,000.00 - $218,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.