This position incorporates a part-time schedule with potential for full time work. The Field Service Technician will field equipment as needed as deployments are scheduled. All Field Service Technicians must be a U.S citizen and hold an Active SECRET clearance.
The position is part of a rapid response, small team that fields equipment at various sites and performs equipment setup, sample collection, initial processing, and packaging and preparation for lab testing of environmental media at various locations across the United States.
Due to the nature of the job requirements, field service technician are required to assist (two(2) persons) with lifting heavy (approx. 160 lbs.) equipment in and out of vehicles (approx. 32 inches high).
Position requires traveling for a couple days at a time and then working at a customer site the rest of the time.
- Travel is both local and out of state.
- Flexibility for employees to take off during the week as well after returning from travel.
- Flexibility is a must, as schedules change, and travel is requested by customers.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Obtain sensor equipment from storage locations, testing to ensure operational, and transporting them to all required installation site locations.
- Schedule and complete all logistical duties to include travel and shipping of equipment in coordination with the customer.
- Collect environmental media, package, and prepare for initial lab testing.
- Follow specific step by step instructions set forth by the customer for collection and testing.
- Prepare after-action reports, weekly/monthly reports and other program documentation.
- Schedule and conduct Preventive Maintenance at regular intervals and publish results.
- Securing the DFU equipment upon task completion, package equipment and arrange for shipment back to the storage facility.
- Active SECRET Clearance
- Candidate MUST BE punctual, reliable and have strong interpersonal skills and must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours/shifts and travel on short notice.
- Candidate must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and must be able to work independently.
- He/She must be able to follow written and oral instructions and carry out tasks safely with minimal supervision and oversight. Candidate should have a strong customer focus.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite including the ability to update and write Status Reports and After-Action Reports.
- Field Service Technicians must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to drive up to 500 miles during day and nighttime hours.
- Field Service Technicians must be able to fly for minimum up to 6 hours without lay over.
- Field Service Technicians must possess a REAL ID (compliant ID); and/or a U.S. passport or passport card.
- To install and retrieve sensors systems and environmental samples, technicians must be able to access mechanical spaces and or HVAC systems on roof tops in commercial and residential facilities or in manholes to access air intake tunnels. Thus, the ability to perform the below functions is required.
- Ability to ascend/descend a fixed ladder up to 24’ high.
- Ability to ascend/descent five levels of stairs without stopping in under a 130 Seconds (just over 2 minutes)
- Ability to work at elevated surface at heights of up to 40 stories for periods up 30 minutes.
- Ability to walk up to one mile without stopping on uneven terrain in under 20 min.
- Ability to work in small, enclosed spaces for up to 40 minutes multiple times during the shift.
- Ability to bend at waist, kneeling and or squatting for up to 30 seconds at a time 12 times a shift with minimum recovery time.
- Knowledge in the operation of sample collection systems, field test methods, collection of field data is desired.
- Prior experience and ability to plan a field operation within short timelines, installing equipment at temporary sites and producing customer after-action reports.
- Basic fundamental knowledge of HVAC systems.
- Background in CBRN Detection and Analysis
- Previous HAZWOPER certification or HAZMAT training
- B.S. degree in a scientific discipline or relative experience
- Past military experience with a background in Chemical, Biological and Radiological monitoring or civilian emergency response.
Pay Range:Pay Range $54,600.00 - $84,000.00 - $113,400.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.