The Civil Group at Leidos is seeking a Senior Cloud Administrator to join our growing team. The successful candidate will be a seasoned professional with robust experience in hands-on implementation of a variety of technologies within Microsoft Azure environments. As a Senior Cloud Administrator, you will play a vital role in management and implementing our cloud strategy, architecture, and platforms. You will have the opportunity to lead the development of innovative cloud solutions, ensuring scalability, flexibility, and security.
- Cloud Management and Compliance- Provide guidance and ownership of cloud tenants, ensuring compliance to security benchmarks and adherence to best practices. Design solutions with security, scalability, reliability in mind. Implementation of various Azure services and technologies to successfully migrate data to the cloud and support data analysis.
- Identity & Access Management- Provide guidance and ownership of Active Directory domains, including analyzing, troubleshooting, and implementing Group Policies, OU structures, and domain server upgrades.
• Problem Resolution- Provide advanced technical support and problem resolution across aspects of networking, RBACs, and log analysis.
- Automation- Implement automation and configuration management tools to streamline operational processes.
- Data Security: Implement and maintain Azure RBACs, key vaults and keys, SSL certificates, and network traffic.
- Cost Management: Monitor and optimize costs within the cloud environment, including selecting appropriate service tiers and management usage to stay within budget.
- Documentation and Collaboration: Collaborate with other teams to implement appropriate cloud solutions and maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation of the cloud infrastructure including diagrams, configuration details, and operational procedures.
- Continual learning and mentoring: Keep up-to-date with the latest technologies and incorporate this ingo the organization’s infrastructure as appropriate; if applicable, mentor junior team members or other stakeholders in best practices in cloud administration.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field and 8+ years experience. Experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 5+ years of experience in administration of system infrastructures, with at least 3 years focusing on cloud platforms (Azure and AWS).
- Proficiency in Windows Server operating systems and Active Directory domains.
- Hands-on experience implementing Azure cloud resources, including but not limited to VNETs, Synapse Analytics and Databricks workspaces, Azure Firewall, Storage Accounts, Key Vaults, SQL Server, CosmosDB, Function Apps, VPNs, Data Factory, Storage Gateways, and Azure AD SSO/RBACs.
- Strong understanding of networking concepts such as DNS, VPN, DHCP, TLS, IP subnetting and routing.
- Demonstrated ability to automate infrastructure tasks such as infrastructure as code.
- Demonstrated superior problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter that can work independently while possessing the communication skills to work effectively. with software development teams and customers.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
- Ability to obtain public trust clearance.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or similar field.
- Cloud certifications such as Azure Solutions Architect Expert.
- Security certifications such as Certified Information System Security Professional.
- Demonstrated experience supporting FISMA authorizations.
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $152,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.