Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
Unleash your potential at Leidos, where we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like an environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos is a FORTUNE 500 company bringing a mix of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in the national security, engineering, and the health industries. Leidos is seeking an Senior Asset Manager for a position as part of a team supporting the National Nuclear Security Administration in Washington, DC area. This is an onsite position, no full-time telework allowed. Furthermore, you will serve also as the Capacity/Availability Manager. This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to influence the technical direction of the platform for a large DoE customer. In this role, you will be required to utilize your breadth and depth of knowledge to oversee the tracking and control of service assets in the IT infrastructure and to coordinate system/services availability, capacity tracking, and provide improvement recommendations and actions.
Your greatest work is ahead!
Leidos Civil Group helps modernize infrastructure, systems, and security. We are a trusted partner to both government and highly-regulated commercial customers looking for transformative solutions in mission IT, security, software, engineering, and operations. We work with our customers including the FAA, DOE, NASA, National Science Foundation, Transportation Security Administration, Custom and Border Protection, airports, and electric utilities to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient. Our customers take on the toughest challenges out there, and at times need a helping hand from specialists in their fields. We combine our scale as a Fortune 500 company with the deep technical knowledge of our core capabilities and the expertise of our talented and diverse workforce to deliver mission-centric innovations. For each of these core capabilities, we have developed proven, repeatable processes that help us deliver agile, cost-effective solutions to foster a better world.
Are you ready to join a team dedicated to a mission? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Supports the creation of the SACM process, activities, and procedures to include CI registration procedures, access controls, and privileges
- Ensures the correct roles and responsibilities are defined in the SACM plan/procedures.
- Assists with procurement of IT assets when requested
- Works with other SACM roles to tag and track all IT assets and to identify their locations and owners
- Receives IT assets and ensures delivery to correct locations, and coordinates IT asset setup and teardown activities when requested
- Proposes/concurs with the SACM Manager on CIs to be uniquely identified with naming conventions
- Ensures developers and configuration system users comply with identification standards
- Performs configuration audits to ensure physical inventory is consistent with the configuration management database (CMDB)/CMS, initiating corrective action through Change Control
- Builds system baselines for promotion and release. Maintains project status information and status accounting records and reports
- Assists Senior Configuration Manager in developing, managing, and dissemination of reports
- Maintains and reconciles databases containing information regarding licenses, warranties, and service agreements for the organization's hardware and software
- Responsible for installation, configuration, administration, support and maintenance of systems, including associated hardware
- Update and support systems by tuning performance, allocate storage space implementing critical patches, reviewing systems performance logs to identify anomalies and troubleshoot issues
- Document problems and solutions. Serve as the primary POC for network capacity issues to ensure the strategy for right-measuring IT assets meet present and future needs
- Establish, maintain, and audit accessibility according to IT foundational plan
What Sets You Apart:
- BS and 4 to 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 to 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Ability to obtain an interim DoE-Q Top Secret security clearance before the start date or holds an active DoD Top Secret level or higher security clearance
- Proficient and experience in utilizing asset databases and SACM process
- Experience in capacity and availability management.
- Washington, DC
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $119,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.