Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
Unleash your potential at Leidos, where we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like an environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos is a FORTUNE 500 company bringing a mix of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in the national security, engineering, and the health industries. Leidos is seeking a Systems Administrator for a position as part of a team supporting the National Nuclear Security Administration in Washington, DC area. This is an onsite position, no full-time telework allowed. This is an exciting opportunity within the IT Operations and Engineering team. You will collaborate closely with our IT team and the customer to ensure the reliability, security, and efficiency of our network systems and be responsible for the installation, configuration, and administration of hardware, operating systems, and software applications. Your expertise and attention to detail will ensure the smooth and secure operation of our systems, enabling our employees to work efficiently and effectively.
Your greatest work is ahead!
Leidos Civil Group helps modernize infrastructure, systems, and security. We are a trusted partner to both government and highly-regulated commercial customers looking for transformative solutions in mission IT, security, software, engineering, and operations. We work with our customers including the FAA, DOE, NASA, National Science Foundation, Transportation Security Administration, Custom and Border Protection, airports, and electric utilities to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient. Our customers take on the toughest challenges out there, and at times need a helping hand from specialists in their fields. We combine our scale as a Fortune 500 company with the deep technical knowledge of our core capabilities and the expertise of our talented and diverse workforce to deliver mission-centric innovations. For each of these core capabilities, we have developed proven, repeatable processes that help us deliver agile, cost-effective solutions to foster a better world.
Are you ready to join a team dedicated to a mission? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- This role may include a combination of duties to protect information and maintain security controls for an entire system, site, or program in order to reduce risk
- Install, configure, and maintain servers, storage systems, and network devices, ensuring high availability and optimal performance
- Design, deploy, and maintain local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), and wireless networks to meet the company's requirements
- Monitor system performance, troubleshoot issues, and proactively address potential problems to minimize downtime and ensure smooth operations
- Perform network troubleshooting and resolve network-related problems, including connectivity issues, hardware and software malfunctions, and network configuration errors * Manage user accounts, permissions, and access controls to ensure data integrity and security * Implement and maintain network security measures, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and VPNs, to protect the company's data and systems from unauthorized access and security threats * Implement and maintain backup and disaster recovery strategies to protect critical data and systems. * Perform regular system updates, patches, and upgrades to keep systems secure and up to date * Conduct regular network assessments and audits to identify areas for improvement and implement network optimization strategies * Monitor and respond to system alerts and security incidents, conducting thorough investigations and implementing appropriate remediation measures * Maintain system documentation, including configuration details, procedures, and troubleshooting guides * Install hardware and software as required * Stay up to date with industry trends and advancements in systems administration, network technology, recommending and implementing improvements and best practices
What Sets You Apart:
- An active DoEQ or DoD Top Secret clearance is required for consideration
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field with 2 – 4 years of direct experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience
- Possess a current DoD 8570.01 compliant certification, e.g. Security + w/CE, or the ability to obtain either within 6 months of employment
- In-depth knowledge of network protocols, technologies, and architectures, including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VLANs, routing, and switching
- Proficiency in operating systems such as Windows Server, Linux, or Unix
- Hands-on experience with network equipment, such as routers, switches, firewalls, and wireless access points
- Experience with Active Directory, Group Policy, user account management and ServiceNow
- Familiarity with backup and disaster recovery solutions
- Strong understanding of network security principles and best practices
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with team members and communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Washington, DC
Pay Range:Pay Range $54,600.00 - $98,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.