Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
Unleash your potential at Leidos, where we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like an environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos is a FORTUNE 500 company bringing a mix of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in the national security, engineering, and the health industries. Leidos is seeking a Vulnerability Assessor for a position as part of a team supporting the National Nuclear Security Administration in Las Vegas, Nevada area. This is an onsite position, no full-time telework allowed. The Vulnerability Assessor will lead, with support staff to the Federal lead responsible for site evaluations,to perform cybersecurity programmatic and technical evaluations. The evaluations may include, but are not limited to, Site Evaluations and Inspections, Cybersecurity Oversight Reviews, Command Cyber Readiness Inspections, Red Team, Blue, Team, and other type of inspections as required.
Your greatest work is ahead!
Leidos Civil Group helps modernize infrastructure, systems, and security. We are a trusted partner to both government and highly-regulated commercial customers looking for transformative solutions in mission IT, security, software, engineering, and operations. We work with our customers including the FAA, DOE, NASA, National Science Foundation, Transportation Security Administration, Custom and Border Protection, airports, and electric utilities to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient. Our customers take on the toughest challenges out there, and at times need a helping hand from specialists in their fields. We combine our scale as a Fortune 500 company with the deep technical knowledge of our core capabilities and the expertise of our talented and diverse workforce to deliver mission-centric innovations. For each of these core capabilities, we have developed proven, repeatable processes that help us deliver agile, cost-effective solutions to foster a better world.
Are you ready to join a team dedicated to a mission? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Develop and Maintain documentation, reports, project plans, and other materials.
- Review documents and provide recommendations to the AO and ISSM
- Support field offices in testing of site COOP plans and DR plans
- Perform technical vulnerability assessments involving sophisticated tools and procedures to identify specific configuration and implementation weakness within the network infrastructure.
- Perform assessments of all network systems in accordance with NNSA requirements.
- Review site risk plans and evaluate the sites against them using risk management methodologies.
- Document additional security needs and requirements as they are discovered or gaps are identified, ensure a relevant incident or service request is created as appropriate.
- Maintain DISA training and certification requirements.
- Conduct and/or participate in blue team site assessments.
- Conduct and/or participate in web services and application assessments including code reviews, web server assessments, and security configurations within 60 days of the request. These shall be conducted remotely with a standard tool set using a standard configuration to provide a baseline across the enterprise assessment reports.
What Sets You Apart:
- BA/BS degree and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience, add'l experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Familiar with the management, operational, and technical aspects of IT Security in a complex environment.
- Experience working with industry-standard cybersecurity methodologies and processes
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II or higher
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP protocols
- Achieve IAM III certification within 9 months.
- Substantial experience managing vulnerability/compliance scans using Tenable Nessus and/or Security Center
- Experience in Kali Linux and associated tools * Experience with Tenable and Nessus Manager
- US Citizen
- Q or TS Clearance.
You Might Also Have:
- SANS GIAC: GCIA, GMON, GCDA GPEN, GEVA, GWAPT, GSNA, GISF, GAWN, GXPN, GWEB
- Offensive Security: OSCP, OSCE, OSWP, OSEE
- ISC2: CISSP
- EC Council: CEH
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.