We have an IMMEDIATE NEED for a MySQL Database Administrator to provide support to our mission critical system.
The candidate needs be local to the DC/Maryland/VA area to come into a Secure Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF).
The Database Administrator primarily supports our high availability, multiple security domain, multi-site MySQL database implementation for a variety of applications developed by the software development team. The DBA develops and implements policies and procedures that ensure the integrity, security, and high availability of the DBMS. This includes implementation of database installation procedures, disaster recovery steps, master-master data replication, performance analysis and tuning, index maintenance, patching/IAVA mitigations, and monitoring of data. The DBA works to implement PL/SQL and SQL performance tuning, architecture changes, and development prototypes.
- At least five years of recent experience as a MySQL DBA in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional DBA experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- MySQL database administration in production environments.
- High availability configuration using MySQL replication
- Database system patching including IAVA mitigations.
- PL/SQL programming, SQL query analysis, search optimization.
- Familiarity with Linux tooling such as iotop, vmstat, nmap, openssl, grep, ping, find, df, ssh, dnf.
- Familiarity with MySQL Workbench.
- Familiarity with Amazon RDS is a plus.
- Active TS required to start; SCI/Poly eligible
- SEC+ certification or DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification, or ability to attain certification within 60 days of start
- * * All candidates must be US CITIZENS to be considered for the position
- Oracle 19c RDBMS and PostgreSQL database administration in production environments
- Familiarity with Linux tooling such as openssl, grep, ping, find, df, ssh, dnf.
- Familiarity with Oracle SQL Developer, Oracle DataModeler, pgadmin, PHPMyAdmin is a plus.
- Familiarity with Amazon RDS is a plus.
- Familiarity with NoSQL such CouchDB and/or Amazon DocumentDB is a plus
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $141,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.