At Leidos, everything we do is built on our commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our employees, and our communities. Our mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science.
Leidos Intelligence Group is seeking a Logistics Manager to support a program in the Washington Metropolitan Area (WMA) where they will provide subject matter expertise as an integral part of a Program Management Office (PMO) for a large enterprise IT support and delivery program. This position focuses on coordination of material deliveries and cross-organization processes. The Logistics Manager will provide logistics support and project/program management analysis for all contract requirements. This position requires the use of problem solving techniques to address unique procurement and program requests that impact critical support requirements.
This position requires a current and active TS/SCI with polygraph security clearance. We do not have the ability to sponsor candidates for clearance processing.
The Logistics Manager is responsible for defining plans, processes, methods, and tools for ensuring the efficient movement of materials across the organization’s offices. The Manager is responsible for all activities associated with researching and recommending cost- and time effective processes, and coordinating with government counterparts to gain their approval for those processes. They will track and audit maintenance agreements and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) as appropriate, and ensure there is clarity, compliance, detail, and completeness in requests across the enterprise.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Actively manage the logistics process from requirements gathering through delivery and completion. Manage team communication to ensure proper relaying of component requirements and report to PMO and senior customer leaders on the status of critical actions impacting operational support.
- Act as the conduit between our program and the Procurement contract.
- Utilize subject matter expertise, logic, and common sense to solve a range of straight forward problems and prioritizing equipment delivery.
- Proactively anticipate logistics problems related to operational area and environmental and human factors, and determine contingency requirements and solutions.
- Design and conduct research or technical studies to support logistic functions, utilizing Visio SW as needed.
As the Logistics Manager you will take direction from the PMO in coordinating inbound and outbound logistical operations processes and procedures that are tied to the contract including inventory management, warehousing, and transportation to ensure sufficient supply of goods and products. Must have experience with the customer and the impact of the complete range of activities from receiving, locating and dispatching, sourcing, purchasing and optimizing inventory levels. Must have strong connections in the customer base and have the ability to communicate verbally and in written form in the standards that the customer requires. As a Leidos employee in a multi-company PMO, you must be willing and able to provide leadership to managers and professional associates in a dynamic environment. You will be accountable for the performance and results of multiple related teams.
The Logistics Manager may be responsible for assisting in developing departmental plans, including business, production and/or organizational priorities, creating/reviewing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). You be asked to assist in creating a decision-making guided by department/district objectives and organizational priorities and coordinate with other teammates. As part of the PMO it is expected for you to coordinate with others in executing department business plans.
- Current and active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of government or commercial procurement/supply chain managing inventory control and distribution execution.
- Experience managing a multi-million-dollar annual procurement budget.
- Experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Experience with Just in Time
- Experience with standard Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel) and Visio
- Ability to effectively communicate processes and procedures to customer base
- Possess outstanding customer service skills in order to meet high demand requirements.
- Ability to travel between local sites on occasion to coordinate activities.
- Ability to understand technical concepts and apply that understanding to daily procurement and program support requirements.
- Self-starter that can establish priorities, resolve immediate issues, and coordinate with program manager on complex problems.
- Strong interpersonal skills to maintain effective working relationships with team members and customer
- Strong oral and written communication skills to compose and deliver responses to customers’ questions in a clear and concise manner
- 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.