The mission of the DHS Chief Information Security Officer Directorate (DHS CISOD) is to support the Department’s implementation of all applicable regulatory requirements including the Federal Information Security Modernization Act of 2014 (FISMA), relevant Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Circulars, Executive Orders, Federal laws, directives, policies, and regulations. The DHS CISOD’s mission is to also provide the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) a secure and trusted computing environment. The DHS CISOD assists in ensuring Department compliance with information security requirements. Information security is an essential business function, critical to enabling DHS to conduct its operations and deliver service to the public.
Leidos has a critical need for Cybersecurity Outreach and Communication Support specialists.
Duties include assisting with program planning and execution of RMF/Accreditation and Authorization (A&A) , POA&M remediation activities, and performing compliance reviews of IT systems. Knowledge of NIST 800 series, RMF and CSAM are needed to be successful in this role.
- Provide recommendations to communications and outreach strategy development.
- Provide support to developing and maintaining knowledge management tools and processes to support cybersecurity outreach and communications.
- Provide support to develop and execute awareness initiatives that promote understanding of critical cybersecurity policies, issues, and programs, and related policy issues.
- Provide support in managing outreach and awareness for promoting programs and initiatives among and within the federal and key communities, along with maintaining relationships with cybersecurity professionals to share information about cybersecurity initiatives, and develop partnerships to promote collaboration on cybersecurity issues.
- Provide support in managing relationships with Departmental communications and administrative professionals to ensure collaboration and coordination on the incorporation of cybersecurity messaging and information into OCIO, directorate, and Departmental communications goals and deliverables.
- Provide assistance to ensure collaboration on events and activities across CISOD and with DHS colleagues across the Department including public affairs, legislative affairs, the private sector office, and other entities as appropriate
- Provide assistance to advance CISOD’s strategic objectives, coordinate engagement across the Department and fulfill programmatic objectives.
- Provide subject matter expertise to the graphic design, drafting, publishing, and dissemination of outreach information.
- Provide subject matter input to drafting internal and public communications and documents with federal, congressional, media, and industry stakeholders.
- Provide outreach support with communication technologies such as Kanban and MS Teams
- Provide subject matter expertise on coordination of communication/outreach activities with appropriate DHS offices and other federal agencies.
- Deliver all requested work products by agreed upon due dates and deadlines.
- Must be able to obtain a DHS Security Clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree with 8-12 or more years’ experience in A&A) with RMF, DCID 6/3, ICD 503, and/or NIST Framework; additional years of related work experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Three (3) or more years’ experience in Project Management
- Experience with DHS, DoDIIS, and IC tools, systems, and reporting mechanisms/requirements for A&A..
- Practical knowledge of IC, DoD, and DHS Cybersecurity initiatives, and secure information/networking technologies.
- Demonstrated experience as an ISSO, ISSE, Package Submission Officer (PSO), Validators, and /or Security Controls Assessor (SCA)
- Experience shepherding projects through the RMF process in XACTA and EMASS
- Ensure compliance with DHS Standards and procedures.
- Good familiarity with and understanding of all relevant government and agency policies and procedures to ensure system documentation is compliance with relevant guidelines, e.g., FedRAMP, RMF, FISMA, FIPS-II, NIST, etc.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.