Leidos has a current job opportunity for a Cyber Action Officer on the DISA GSM-O II program supporting the DISA Joint Operations Center (DJOC) embedded with DISA Headquarters, Fort Meade, MD. The candidate will support the DISA GSM-O II TN13 Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) Branch. This position will provide leadership for defensive cyber operations activities and will be expected to actively engage with a variety of customers and mission partners, anticipating their needs, and delivering flawlessly.
- GSM-O II provides network operations and cyber defense support to the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) in support of the Department of Defense (DoD) and Combatant Commands (CoCOMs).
- PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain situational awareness of cyber activity by reviewing DoD, Intelligence Community and open-source reporting for new vulnerabilities, malware or other threats that have the potential to impact the DoDIN.
- Serve as a POC for planning, coordination, implementation, validation, mitigation, and compliance of cyber security tasks.
- Prepare and present senior level briefings to share information and status.
- Resolve problems with functionality or performance.
- Prepare orders for staffing and release and serve as main POC for inquiries, compliance, and communications after order release.
- Support mission-critical Continuity of Operations (COOP).
- Bachelor's degree and 8 years of professional experience; additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Must have a DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE or equivalent) to start and able to obtain CSSP-A certification within 180 days of start date.
- Proficient understanding of Cyber Network Defense (CND) in regards to protect, detect, respond and sustain within a Computer Incident Response organization.
- Understanding of TCP/IP, common networking ports and protocols, traffic flow, system administration, OSI model, defense-in-depth.
- Motivated self-starter, team leader with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have an active Top Secret/SCI clearance.
- Experience with DISA and DoD Networks.
- Demonstrated experience briefing Senior Executive Service (SES) and General Officer/Flag Officer (GO/FO) leadership.
- Experience working with POA&M’s by identifying tasks needing to be accomplished, detailing resources required to accomplish the elements of the plan, any milestones in meeting the tasks and scheduled completion dates for the milestones
- Understanding of IT security processes Vulnerability management, Incident management, and threat management
- Advanced understanding of TCP/IP, common networking ports and protocols, traffic flow, system administration, OSI model, defense-in-depth, and common security elements.
- Advanced Certifications such as SANS GIAC/GCIA/GCIH, CISSP or CASP.
- Experience in intelligence driven defense and/or Cyber Kill Chain methodology.
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.