Unleash Your Potential
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like an environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Looking for an exciting new opportunity? The Leidos Defense Group is seeking a Senior Cyber Engineer to join our team in Orlando, FL, supporting an Air Force program. Serving as a subject matter expert, you will have a thorough understanding of advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts in Security Engineering, including operations, engineering, technical and program management support services, and associated supplies to support the cyber-related requirements and operations.
In this dynamic role, you will play a critical part in influencing the development of innovative solutions that directly impact our mission goals and objectives. We are seeking a highly motivated professional who can work independently to resolve complex problems, applying their extensive technical knowledge and expertise to conceptualize, reason, and interpret facts and requirements. If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career in cybersecurity, we want to hear from you. Apply today!
*This is NOT a remote or hybrid position; all work will be performed onsite.
Your greatest work is ahead!
The Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. From scanning for illicit material at ports and borders to predicting future events and instability up to five years in advance, our products help customers make the world safer. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to join a team dedicated to a mission? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career - share your resume with us today!
Your Main Objective:
- Under the direction and guidance of the ISSM, capture and refine information security requirements and ensure their integration into information technology components and information systems through purposeful security design and configuration.
- Perform vulnerability assessments to determine weaknesses and exploit methods in systems/networks utilizing approved COTS and GOTS tools, in conjunction with security testing methodologies and frameworks to assess threats against information and system/networks and recommend appropriate countermeasures for continued mission assurance.
- Perform cybersecurity analysis, identification, and remediation of complex cybersecurity compliance requirements on IT systems and applications to include: Microsoft Windows and RHEL family of servers, workstations operating systems. RDBMS such as SQL and PostgreSQL, XML, and JSON-based semi-structured technologies. Web-Server and web application technologies (e.g., MS IIS, Apache/Tomcat, SharePoint). Virtualization technologies such as VMware and VDI infrastructures. Network infrastructure components such as switches, firewalls, vSANs, and thin client hardware.
- Provide remediation recommendations and mitigating strategies for vulnerabilities discovered and maintain in-depth knowledge of DISA Security Technical Implementation Guidance (STIG), technologies such as Tenable Nessus, STIG Viewer, Security Requirements Guides, SCAP Compliance Checker, STIG benchmarks, open-source tools such as Evaluate STIG and Vulnerator, and other automated tools that assist with the assessment of security controls and the presentation of security assessment results.
- In coordination with change management processes, remediate, apply, and/or mitigate vulnerabilities to systems and system components through the application of security updates, patches, fixes, and/or secure configurations.
- Support the creation, development, and documentation of cybersecurity processes and procedures supporting Authorization to Operate (ATO) packages and, as needed, to mature the program’s cybersecurity posture.
- Travel opportunities are minimal, with the possibility of short trips to support customer engagements.
What Sets You Apart (our basic qualifications):
- An active DoD Secret clearance or eligibility to receive a Secret clearance is required to start.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and (8) eight or more years of related actual work experience; additional work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree. (Unpaid experience will not be considered.)
- Possess an IAT Level II (or higher) DoD Approved Baseline Certification in accordance with DOD 8140.03-M.
- DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF), especially in supporting Step 6.
- System/software design, enterprise architecture security, integration, testing, system administration, application administration, training, deployment, and O&M.
- Design, develop, and use host-based and network-based scanning tools.
- Security Content Automated Protocol (SCAP) based tools and specifications.
- Install, configure, test, deploy, and O&M of Enterprise-wide network-based cybersecurity tools (e.g., Trellix ESS, ACAS, Splunk, etc.) to support compliance testing and continuous monitoring.
- Supporting security engineering practices in the System/Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Process; General knowledge of the DoD and secure Information/LAN/WAN technologies.
- Hardening modern operating systems (OS) (i.e., RHEL, Microsoft Windows) and applications using Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), Security Requirements Guides (SRGs), and/or industry best practices and documenting results on requisite checklists.
- Compiling and providing metrics to program management as needed.
- Presenting technical information to non-technical stakeholders.
You Might Also Have (our preferred qualifications):
- Working experience with programming or scripting languages.
- Working experience with Splunk SIEM.
- Experience working in a DoD environment with the ability to adapt and rapidly meet changing deadlines and obligations.
- Leading or mentoring junior members of a team.
- Project Management experience is preferred.
- CASP or CISSP certification
At Leidos, the opportunities are boundless. We challenge our staff with interesting assignments that allow them to thrive professionally and personally. For us, helping you grow your career is good business. We look forward to learning more about you – apply today!
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.