The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has a continuing requirement for Secure Enterprise Network Systems, Services, & Support (SENS3) for the continued operations and maintenance and evolution of the Homeland Secure Data Network (HSDN) and the Classified Local Area Network (C-LAN).
The Desktop Services Lead will support the SENS3 contract by managing personnel, engaging with customers, assessing program performance, and identifying internal customer issues, among other responsibilities. Primary task/responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform systems administration of desktop applications on both wide area networks. Desktop system management responsibilities involving account monitoring, security, Operating System (OS) installation, and other local area system administration related functions.
- Install, administer, and maintain Windows servers, workstations, laptops, and basic cabling as part of the overall systems architecture across multiple networks and locations
- Administer Windows, Linux, Citrix, Office, and communication applications services.
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of systems.
- Manage IT system and any processes related to these systems
- Manage day‐to‐day IT operations, including updates, work orders, incident requests; manage personnel and their operational and project-related workloads.
- Provide Tier 3 and Tier 4 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problem.
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers and clearly communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process.
- Isolate and resolve hardware and software problems involving the applications, the operating system, the communications or any combination thereof.
- Troubleshoot, maintain integrity and configure network components along with implementing systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
- Propose new technology, lead and manage special projects, develop project plans with customer input and manage project operations from customer provided requirements.
- Document system configurations and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Acts as first-level supervisor for employees. Provides guidance, assignments and/or direction to lower-level technicians and assists Service Desk technicians as needed with Tier I and Tier II troubleshooting.
- Bachelor's degree in technology related field with 8+ years of experience with either Systems Administration, Network Administration, and/or Database Administration. Additional years of experience may serve in lieu of a degree.
- Large Enterprise-level IT experience with maintenance of applications.
- Experience in managing virtualization environments, such as VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Experience with deploying and hardening Windows 11, RHEL.
- System Administration experience in areas such as AD, SCCM, IIS, SQL, Remedy ITSM, M3, Exchange, Linux, Unix, SNOW, MS Defender Management.
- Knowledge of IT service desk requirements and management software.
- Ability to complete difficult and complex assignments independently.
- Experience working with customers and staff.
- 5+ years of experience managing a team of at least ten IT professionals; willingness to work as part of a technical team, both as a member and as a lead.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Currently possess an active TS/SCI security clearance.
- On‐call 24x7, including weekends and holidays.
- Knowledge and experience with IT and telecommunication hardware and software lifecycle and knowledge of industry and government best practices
- Working knowledge of maintaining IT and telecommunication equipment and consumable inventories.
- Experience in ensuring Service Level Agreement (SLA) compliance.
- Technology certifications in MS, Security, Sec+, CISSP, CSP, MCSA/MCSE, ITIL
- Experience supporting DHS programs knowledge/experience
- Excellent written/verbal communications
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.