Leidos seeks an Energy Efficiency Technical Sales/Support Specialist for its’ implementer role on the Ameren Illinois Energy Efficiency Business program. This position will both promote and support energy-efficiency projects within large businesses in the Ameren Illinois service territory. This Technical Sales/Support “in training” position offers a unique career and growth opportunity for a dynamic individual possessing excellent outreach, sales, communication and organizational skills to promote and encourage participation in a leading-edge energy efficiency incentive program within a creative team environment.
Location: This is a telecommuting position, however the selected candidate will need to live in the Ameren Illinois territory (i.e., St. Louis, MO, Peoria, IL, Springfield, IL). This position may require relocation to a specific territory within the Ameren Illinois area after a few months if an Energy Advisor position opens up, as this is an ‘Technical Sales/Support Specialist in training’ position.
- Broadly market Ameren Illinois’ Energy Efficiency programs and coordinate program services to large commercial/ industrial customers
- Manage special projects as assigned to achieve the program goals
- Assist Energy Advisors with tasks associated with achieving program goals
- Identify energy efficiency opportunities, calculate energy savings, and influence utility customers to save energy and utilize available incentives to improve their Return on Investment (ROI)
- Consistently maintain positive customer relationships, develop and deliver effective presentations
- Work closely with existing Energy Advisors to broadly implement and market energy efficiency, and generate energy savings for the program
- Ability to work on a range of projects from identifying energy efficiency projects, screening of applications, maintaining public sector relationships, executing programs, delivering presentations, participating in promotional events
- Perform sector market analysis and provide input in developing/modifying program strategies to meet changing market needs
- Work closely with building owners, commercial developers, contractors, suppliers, architects, and engineers to encourage energy efficiency practices in new/renovated and existing facilities, buildings and systems
- Develop relationships with customers and vendors to keep up-to-date on emerging energy efficiency technologies and practices in demand side management.
- Maintain productivity, accuracy, with meticulous attention to detail
- Perform energy efficiency assessments, including performing both pre/post installation inspections of projects
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Business/Science and 1+ year related experience. High school diploma with an additional 4+ years of related experience may be considered in lieu of a degree. Related experience is defined as maintenance, project management, energy programs, utility account representation, key account management, or in the energy efficiency industry.
- Energy Efficiency certifications are desired, such as AEE Certified Energy Manager or AEE Certified Energy Auditor.
- Ability to relocate within the Ameren IL territory, if an Energy Advisor position opens
- Must be able to utilize initiative to develop relationships with customers, vendors, contractors and professional organizations to keep up to date and demonstrate knowledge of operational trends, energy efficiency technologies, practices, and regulations in electric and natural gas demand side management.
- Must be highly motivated, well organized, self-starting, have strong written and verbal communication skills, and work well in a team setting. Willingness to learn, grow and expand capabilities. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- The candidate should have basic general knowledge of manufacturing operations, budget/justification cycles, large building energy systems, construction practices, and/or the energy efficiency industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communications are essential. Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (spreadsheets), Salesforce database usage, and computers in general is required. It is critical that productivity and accuracy be demonstrated in performance of work.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to perform field verification of pre and post installation of energy efficiency measures.
Pay Range:Pay Range $46,800.00 - $72,000.00 - $97,200.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.