The National Security Space Operation (NSS) at Leidos is seeking a talented Systems Integration, Verification and Validation (IV&V) Lead to join a diverse team in Huntsville, Alabama to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, NSS provides alert, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
In anticipation of award for the Space Development Agency’s (SDA) National Defense Space Architecture Tranche 2 Tracking Layer program, NSS is seeking to fill a key position of Systems Integration, Verification and Validation (IV&V) Lead. The T2 Tracking Layer effort will provide the capability to provide global, persistent indications, detection, warning, tracking, and identification of advanced missile threats, including hypersonic missile systems. The T2 Tracking Layer scope includes up to 27 space vehicles (SVs), ground systems as well as operations with a total period of performance up to 8 years. Each SV is equipped with an IR mission payload, three (3) Optical Communications Terminals (OCT), and Ka-band communications payload. Dynetics is a leading provider of missile warning/missile tracking technology with awards on SDA Tranche 0 and Tranche 1 for critical IR mission payloads.
This position will require full time on-site work in Huntsville, AL but allows remote work as needed.
- Lead IV&V activities for the WFOV Infrared Payload and space-related systems and responsible to the system test program.
- Move existing testing capabilities into a modern software based automated testing using SecDevOps principals on hardware, software/firmware, and integrated systems.
- Oversee the development of automated testing to support the manufacturing process and interface directly with the AI&T lead.
- Required to perform planning, estimation, scheduling, and resource management to support the development of integration and test planning, tooling, and support equipment.
- Manage a system test team, and support program management and engineering review boards, and interface with customers routinely.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering, or closely related field and a minimum of 12 years of related experience in the aerospace or spaceflight industry or Master’s degree in above with 10+ years of related experience.
- Must have experience in leading project teams for testing activities, experience with system level testing, verification, validation, and selloff is desired.
- Understanding of requirements management, development, qualification, and SEIT for spaceflight hardware.
- Demonstrated experience with project management tools, digital engineering, test automation, and Continuous Integration.
- Must be a U.S Citizen.
- Experience leading or performing final verification of payloads to a satellite bus.
- Experience leading system test teams and designing test automating architectures.
- Experience leading, planning, or performing qualification or acceptance testing on space programs.
- Experience with flight or ground system testing.
- Experience with programs and flight readiness/acceptance processes or equivalent space flight system development, preferably in support of Dept of Defense programs.
- Experience with Military, Government, or Commercial space-related programs.
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams, design engineers, analysts, manufacturing, project management and customer representatives.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, and ability to work with multiple interfaces.
- Candidate must be a U.S Citizen and be able to possess (and maintain) a final Secret security clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret security clearance.
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $213,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.