Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
Unleash your potential at Leidos, where we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like an environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Are you tired of feeling overworked and unfulfilled? Do you crave a better work-life balance that allows you to pursue your passions and enjoy your downtime? At Leidos, we understand the importance of a healthy work-life balance. Say goodbye to those 60+ hour work weeks and join us in exploring our exciting job opportunities.
We are in search of a dynamic and talented candidate to join our team of experts in creating innovative, all-encompassing solutions for our programs. In this role, you will gain invaluable skills such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, and the ability to convey complex issues concisely and with ease. You'll thrive in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible working arrangements, and work with a management team that prioritizes your career growth and development.
In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to convey complicated problems in a concise manner, as well as solve complex problems using available tools.
If you're up for the challenge, join the NISC IV program at Leidos and become a Mechanical Engineer to work in the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Regional Office in Des Moines, WA which is in the Seattle area.
The Mechanical Engineer will provide engineering support to the FAA Seattle Terminal Engineering Center which includes project management and project planning for various Air Traffic Control Tower (ATCT) and Terminal Radar Approach Control Facilities (TRACON) construction, installation and upgrade projects, and other National Airspace System (NAS) modernization projects.
Specific duties for this position include:
- Provide expertise in all aspects of the complete project management lifecycle.
- Provide Mechanical Engineering Subject Matter expertise (SME) support by overseeing the feasibility, design, planning, and installation of Heating, Ventilation and Air-Conditioning, and Environmental Direct Digital Control Systems.
- Provide Mechanical Engineering SME ) support through dynamic participation in team reviews of design and scope, and assembly of the design package. In addition, provide status reports on site project progress, status reports on schedule updates, participate in Planning and Requirements Group (PRG) matrix meetings, and guide Operational Risk Management and Safety meetings.
- Provide verified heat load calculations including: heating peak, cooling peak, ventilation and process load calculation used for system sizing, and final calculation for energy compliance.
- Analyze and review existing engineering drawings and documents and provide observations on accuracy and completeness, and recommendations for improvement.
- Provide Computer-Aided Drafting and Design (CADD) drawings using AutoCAD and MasterSpec in conformance with FAA standards.
- Provide/evaluate system and equipment design package requirements.
- Assist in preparing Draft project scope agreements and project schedules.
- Prepare engineering risk assessments, and provide recommendations and proposals of actions or improvements to mitigate potential risks resulting from site, facility, and project/program changes.
Please Note: Must be able to work onsite in Des Moines, WA. The position has partial telework potential for part of the work week with manager’s approval.
Don't miss out on this incredible opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds in the industry. Take your career to the next level with Leidos, and apply today!
Your greatest work is ahead!
Leidos Civil Group helps modernize infrastructure, systems, and security. We are a trusted partner to both government and highly-regulated commercial customers looking for transformative solutions in mission IT, security, software, engineering, and operations. We work with our customers including the FAA, DOE, NASA, National Science Foundation, Transportation Security Administration, Custom and Border Protection, airports, and electric utilities to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient. Our customers take on the toughest challenges out there, and at times need a helping hand from specialists in their fields. We combine our scale as a Fortune 500 company with the deep technical knowledge of our core capabilities and the expertise of our talented and diverse workforce to deliver mission-centric innovations. For each of these core capabilities, we have developed proven, repeatable processes that help us deliver agile, cost-effective solutions to foster a better world. To explore and learn more, click here!
Join our team and discover a culture of collaboration, innovation, diversity, trust, caring management, communication transparency, work-life balance, and overall job satisfaction. Share your resume with us today!
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering and 4+ years of prior relevant experience OR Master's degree with 2+ years of prior relevant experience. Candidate with less experience may be considered.
- 4 years of applicable mechanical engineering experience including project management and design of building mechanical systems.
- Experience with ductless split systems, heat recovery systems, residential type split systems, furnace, direct expansion cooling coils, unitary roof top package units, variable air volume systems, air handling units, chillers, boilers, vehicle exhaust systems and other heating, cooling, ventilation, air distribution, pumping, hydronic piping, and indoor air quality systems.
- Performed and verified heat load calculations which include: heating peak, cooling peak, ventilation and process load calculation used for system sizing and final calculation for energy compliance.
- Prepared design development and construction drawings which include: initial schematic, design development and final construction drawings for plan check submittal.
- Ability to obtain and/or Maintain Public Trust security clearance.
- Familiarity with FAA and the National Airspace System (NAS) is a plus but not absolutely necessary.
- Professional Mechanical Engineer registration is a plus but not absolutely necessary.
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.