Leidos is seeking an Integration & Test Engineer who will be a lead member of a dynamic team who will be working on the Federal Aviation Administration’s Enterprise-Information Display System (E-IDS) which will replace the legacy IDSs with an enterprise system providing a single NAS baseline with a single logistics pipeline, reduced training needs, and national configuration management, leading to long-term operations and maintenance cost savings. There are five IDS currently in use at just over 450 Air Traffic Control (ATC) facilities with approximately 5,000 IDS-equipped operating positions. There are additional locations where IDS equipment is installed for remote communications, which will also be replaced. E-IDS will allow users to work efficiently by providing timely display and correlation of relevant operational information (e.g. maps, weather, and aeronautical features) simultaneously on an integrated geospatial display. E-IDS will provide each user access to enterprise-level information coupled with efficient, consistent, easy-to-use filtering, sorting and searching capabilities and quick reference information.
Working both as a member of a team and independently the successful candidate will:
- Primary responsibility will be systems and SW integration in support of execution of Development Test (DT) Formal Test on the E-IDS program.
- Be able to integrate complex systems with minimal oversight
- Interfacing with E-IDS SW and SE teams as well as ILE team in support of installation and integration efforts
- Interfacing with the FAA customer to address/answer questions relating to your assigned test area
- Developing and verifying unique facility adaptation data for testing purposes
- Able to integrate complex software with little to no outside support
- Debug system level issues and provide detailed supporting data on identified issues
- Be able to support travel
- Developing and maintaining test approach and procedures derived from System Level requirements (A- Level, SSS)
- Analyze identified issues in conjunction with System Engineering and Software in regards to developing solutions
- Support test and requirement verification & validation
- Clearly communicate and generate briefings for reporting status to both internal and customer stakeholders
- Work Overtime (OT), off hours or weekends if necessary to meet deadlines
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- BS degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Systems Engineering experience, including proven experience working in complex projects gathering user requirements and converting them into system requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience:
- working directly with customers to discuss their requirements and objectives
- interfacing with other functional areas (e.g. Software, Hardware)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others in a team environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Technical leadership experience with strong organization and time management
- Proven experience with supporting highly critical customer mission
- Prior experience in a technical leadership role that requires significant coordination across multiple functional areas
- Familiarity with requirement decomposition to develop A-Level test approach and procedures
- Familiarity with the Atlassian Tool Suite and JIRA
- Experience conducting formal testing with customer
- Familiarity with the National Air Space and FAA NextGen Air Traffic control programs FAA
- Knowledge of test automation tools (e.g. Selenium, Sikuli)
- Candidate must be able to obtain an SF-85P Public Trust clearance from the FAA customer.
- US Citizenship is required.
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.