The 1901 Group at Leidos seeks an Asset & Configuration Manager to manage the configuration and asset program for the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Information Management Services & Support (IMSS) program. The qualified candidate will work with the PM, program team, customer COR, and other customer team members to maintain the CMDB and oversee the asset lifecycle of all program-managed IT assets.
This position requires clear communication with internal team members and across multiple task areas and clients, as well as external organizations (e.g., sub-contractors, vendors, etc.).
- Lead the configuration and asset management functions of the team.
- Work within the team and with the ServiceNow task order team to implement and sustain the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) for Configuration Items (CIs) for the IMSS team. Support identification, maintenance, and reporting of CIs.
- Facilitate FTC’s configuration and change management process, including scheduling and facilitating meetings and completing meeting agendas and meeting minutes (including updating ServiceNow with the disposition of each Change Request). Meetings include the Engineering Review Board (ERB) and Change Control Board (CCB).
- Verify and audit configuration status. Produce reports demonstrating compliance or drift from standard configurations/baselines and work with teams to bring configurations into compliance.
- Align CIs to documentation required for configuring and operating the various components of the environment.
- Develop CM documentation, including SOPs, and work with team leads to ensure implementation and adherence to configuration management requirements.
- Maintain the Configuration Management Plan (CMP).
- Perform asset management functions in accordance with FTC policies and procedures for asset lifecycle including receipt, deployment, update, and decommission.
- Develop and deliver the Asset Inventory Report, Quarterly Configuration Audit Report, and Risk Management Report.
- Manage the physical inventory of assets in control/custodianship of the team including assets in two HQ buildings and 8 regional offices. Ensure asset information is accurate and up to date in ServiceNow.
- Support the FTC Network Property Manager in conducting the annual inventory and generating required reports.
- Ensure asset and configuration management artifacts are organized and stored to support review and audit.
- Support the SLA definition process for asset and CI related SLAs/KPIs.
- Ensure achievement of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) related to asset and configuration management.
- Manage the physical environment at FTC HQ buildings including data centers and any other locations where accountable property us operated or maintained. Escort vendors (e.g., power, cooling) for required onsite maintenance or repair activities.
- Coordinate with team leaders and team members to implement configuration and asset management processes.
- Attend technical and program status meetings as required.
- BS degree in a technical or management domain and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience will be acceptable in lieu of a degree.
- Commitment to work onsite at our customer’s primary location in Washington, D.C. 3 days per week, 8 AM – 5 PM Eastern. Up to 40% remote work is acceptable with proximity to Washington, D.C. sites within one hour commute time.
- Familiarity with ITL and specifically ITIL concepts for Service Level Management.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to obtain and maintain an FTC Position of Trust clearance.
- Relevant ITIL certifications.
- Experience with ServiceNow Asset and CMDB products.
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.