The C4ISR Operation at Leidos currently has an opening for a Service Application Deployment Engineer in support of our Multi-Domain Operations Division. The ideal candidate will be local to our Alexandria, VA facility, however, consideration will be made for candidates in other locations. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience to help the Department of the Air Force (DAF) establish and maintain the Advanced Battle Management System (ABMS) Digital Infrastructure (DI). ABMS is a top modernization priority for the Department of the Air Force and will be the backbone of a network-centric approach to battle network. In this role you will work closely with Program Managers, Systems Engineers, other domain engineers, corporate technical leads, and Government counterparts. In this role you will assist in the development of Identity, Credential, and Access Management (ICAM) applications, shared storage applications and other shared applications and processes for the deployed environment.
- Work closely within a multi-functional team to evaluate and propose solutions to enable the customer to make informed decisions on strategies and implementation
- Establishing vision and direction for cyber resources and/or operations, monitoring technical security risks for area of responsibility and establishing and enforcing policies and protocols that protect digital assets and Enterprise components and systems.
- Interface with DoD, Industry (including University Affiliated Research Centers (UARCs), Federally Funded Research and Development Centers (FFRDCs), Advisory and Assistance Services (A&AS), and others to ensure requirements and operational objectives are met
- Participate in Working Groups and IPTs, informal and formal technical interchanges, and formal reviews in the development of a deployable ICAM solution
- Support the customer in researching, evaluating, planning, designing, engineering, and delivering cybersecurity solutions
- Review and ensure compliance with customer security policies and requirements
- Review new and existing system designs for compliance with security standards and best practices
- Conduct vulnerability assessments on new and existing systems
- Document and communicate security policy to enterprise organizations
- Provide architectural and technical guidance and recommendations for securing systems and networks
- Provide information security expertise and consulting
- Gain organizational commitment for security plans
- Plan, design, and implement security-related technologies
- Ensure new and existing products conform to information security policies, standards, and best practices
- Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of enterprise operations
- Cross-train and mentor other staff members as needed
- Bachelor's degree and 12+ yrs in engineering, systems engineering, or related technical field. Can substitute experience in lieu of a degree.
- US citizenship and an active Secret clearance, with ability to obtain a Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Experience with Identity, Credential, and Access Management (ICAM) applications, shared storage applications and other shared applications and processes
- Experience with deployment technologies (e.g., Gradle, Helm) and patterns
- Ability to integrate applications / components in cloud and on prem environments
- Experience in design, modeling, security and integration aspects of system development
- Evaluate data flows and recommend architecture best practices
- Experience with a variety of architecture patterns
- Experience working hands on with Cloud technologies such as Azure, AWS, or GCP
- Experience in application development (Java, HTML, CSS, Python, REST) as a member of a development team
- Experience creating and maintaining technical documentation
- Ability to develop technical solutions that require collaboration with internal experts, deep analyses and understanding of impact on end-product/solution
- Capability to develop solutions to technical problems and issues that are unclear and require deep technical knowledge
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to collaborate with customer representatives, domain experts, and other systems engineers in the development of complex DoD systems
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose complex system problems and develop innovative solutions
- Demonstrated ability to participate in cross-functional planning, coordination, and task execution situations involving the full spectrum of system integration activities
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
- Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to travel when needed by the program
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- The ability to directly assist with design, installation and setup of supporting databases, dataflows, monitoring and security software.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and/or other container technologies
- Produce data flow and specification documentation to support existing and new applications
- Experience in Software Development
- Experience as a data engineer, systems engineer, solutions architect, or similar role
- Previous experience working DAF systems
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $213,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.