Leidos Civilian Health Solutions is seeking an experienced Applications Lead to support NIH programs in Bethesda, MD. The position is part of a highly visible Health Information Technology (IT) services effort. As the largest biomedical research agency in the world, NIH has access to extensive data via numerous web applications, data services and other mechanisms, and requires advanced business intelligence dashboards to support smart decision-making.
This position is contingent upon contract award
As the Applications Lead, you will be able to demonstrate the skills, ability and experience required to do the following:
- Lead and participate in all web applications, website design and programming activities.
- Lead QA/testers and be able to review/plan/update test strategies. Include Section 508 testing requirements.
- Responsible for key website design and Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Enforce compliance with ITIL Change and Release management best practices.
- Work with DevOps engineers in order to plan, develop and implement DevSecOps and CI/CD pipeline.
- Provides mentorship and technical advice to a team of Application/Reports/Query developers.
- Review requirements through engagement with Business Analysts for accuracy and functional correctness.
- Create and update all relevant documentation and specifications for design, development, and testing.
- Collaborate with customers, analysts, architects, DBAs, operations, and testers.
- Responsible for creating maintainable, adaptable, scalable, defect free code using development best practices and coding standards (i.e., continuous integration, test automation, secure development, peer/code review).
- Plans, research, and recommends new equipment, software tools, and related technologies.
- Proactively ensure the quality of deliverables and continuous improvement, as well as, and communicate with the development teams what is required to achieve this effectively on tasks.
- Uses monitoring and performance analysis tools to troubleshoot and isolate application performance issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 8+ years of relevant experience in the IT field.
- Experience with key website design principles and Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Experience in writing database queries (SQL) and interfacing applications with databases.
- Proven hands-on experience with Cold Fusion.
- Experience enforcing compliance with ITIL Change and Release management best practices.
- Experience working with DevOps engineers on planning, developing, and implementing DevSecOps and CI/CD pipeline.
- Experience working with QLIK.
- Ability to use client input to create functional, creative, and user-friendly webpages.
- Ability to test and debug websites.
- Knowledge of web application security vulnerabilities and how to address them.
- Familiarity with continuous integration principles.
- Able to multi-task and work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to mentor junior developers in the team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experienced with Agile framework and ability to apply best practices using industry standards
throughout all software developed.
- Experience with Cloud DevOps (Azure, AWS) tooling.
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.