At Leidos, we are committed to deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented workforce. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable practices. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business. Employees enjoy enrichment opportunities through mobility, career development, and rewarding relationships with supportive supervisors, talented colleagues, and accomplished customers. Your most important work is ahead.
Leidos has a job opening for a Finance and Business Operations Intern in the Washington D.C Metro area (includes the Maryland and Virginia areas). Our structured summer program gives Interns the opportunity to help generate meaningful analysis that will have a tangible impact across different aspects of the business. As an Intern with the Leidos Finance & Business Operations Organization you will have a position with varying responsibility and scope that will challenge you and propel your professional and personal growth both in your studies as well as your future career.
The Leidos Finance Internship includes:
- Two full days of training at Corporate HQ
- Group projects with final presentation to executive leadership during the “Purple Olympics”
- Lunch & Learn sessions featuring executives from across the corporation, Finance Executive Panel events, and Networking & Social events
- Philanthropic Opportunities
- Formal “Intern Buddy” to assist with mentorship & role guidance
- Performing day-to-day activities in the areas of:
- Program Financial Control
- Financial Planning and Analysis
- Management Reporting and Data Maintenance
- Proposal & Pricing
- Budgeting & Forecasting
- Preparing and coordinating financial information for presentations and statuses to program and functional area management through the utilization of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Power BI) tools and other related software
- Leveraging new technology to bring efficiencies in the areas of business analytics and data visualization with a focus on automation efforts
- Currently enrolled and pursing a degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Business Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, Business Analytics, or other related field from an accredited college/university
- Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher (please note this on your resume when submitting your application)
- Candidate should be a US Citizen
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Power BI)
- Ability to be accountable and professional while maintaining effective interpersonal (written, verbal and presentation) skills while managing multiple priorities and tasks
- Internship positions will be located in the Washington D.C Metro Area including Northern Virginia cities such as Reston and Chantilly. Some positions may be located in Maryland cities such as Gaithersburg and Columbia.
Ideal Candidates should display the following:
- Interest in Finance & Business Operations with the industry leader in government services
- Energetic and enthusiastic behavior
- Eagerness to show initiative and solve problems
- Commitment to strengthening and sustaining an inclusive workplace
- Effective interpersonal and collaboration skills
Pay Range:Pay Range $31,200.00 - $56,400.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.