The Leidos Public Health Operation is seeking a Behavioral Scientist, Contingent upon contract award, to support a Modernization effort for the CDC.
Role is expected to be fully remote
Must currently reside in the United States for the last three consecutive years
Conducts research using scientific methods to study human behavior. Designs experiments, collect and analyze data, and interpret findings to understand human behavior. Develops theories to explain human behavior, based on research findings and scientific principles. Develops models and frameworks that help to explain behavior in different contexts and situations. Analyzes human behavior to understand how and why people act in certain ways. Uses data and research findings to identify patterns, trends, and relationships in human behavior. Evaluates programs to determine their effectiveness. Uses data and research findings to identify areas for improvement and make recommendations for program modifications. Uses expertise in human behavior to provide recommendations for policy development, program design, and organizational change. Stays current with emerging research and trends in the field.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent and12 years of progressive related experience
- Ability to collaborate with customers to understand their mission and vision as well as end-user requirements and needs.
- Experience analyzing, assessing, and making recommendations regarding Human Centered Design (HCD), application design, and development. This may include requirements analysis, task design/redesign, use case development, functional flow definition, and workload modeling.
- Experience with developing HCD artifacts such as stakeholder mapping, interviews, ticket reviews, contextual inquiry, design artifacts, wireframing, rough prototyping, pilot testing.
- Experience collaborating with end users and subject matter experts to capture performance feedback, teaming tactics, human requirements, technical recommendations, and field test results for a variety of complex data systems.
- Demonstrated experience using user research to evaluate products and services to measure the impact of emerging technology/new functionality and identify areas for improvement.
- Experience merging and integrating disparate datasets and outputting to various target destination databases or systems.
- Knowledge and interest in Statistics, Machine Learning, and/or AI techniques.
- Understanding of enterprise data architecture and data quality controls.
- Experience implementing interactive customer satisfaction surveys and use feedback to provide continuous system improvements.
- Experience leading and participating in multi-organization and multi-disciplinary working groups to review test results and coordinate analyses. This may involve the development of approaches to improve interactions between humans and various data analytics applications.
- Energy and passion with an eye towards continuous improvement in self and business processes
- Excellent verbal and written communications; has ability to translate between business and technical vocabulary easily.
- Ability to multi-task based on the project priorities and deliver the solutions on-time with excellent quality.
- Experience with User Experience (UX), and User Interface (UI) design skills to rapidly develop prototypes (low and high fidelity) to elicit user and technical requirements.
- Experience using Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) to retrieve data or submit requests to online data systems.
- Experience applying HCD principles to user support and training materials.
- Experience collaborating with customers to define and prioritize goals, backlogs and success metrics at the Agile epic, portfolio, product, feature, and sprint levels.
- Knowledge of using a data-driven approach to evaluate and address changes to current policy, technology, and user base
- Experience with CDC/Public Health
- Experience working in Agile, Scrum, and Scaled Agile (SAFe) environments
Requires ability to obtain Public Trust level 5 clearance
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $213,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.