The Leidos Public Health Operation is seeking a Service Design Expert, Contingent upon contract award, to support a Modernization effort for the CDC.
Role is expected to be fully remote
Must currently reside in the United States for the last three consecutive years
Implements current Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) practices (currently ITIL version 4) for documenting and implementing continuous improvement, problem management, incident management, configuration management, change management, release management, service level management, capacity management, financial management, availability management, continuity management, and security management. Drafts and adheres to practices consistent with standardizing and optimizing operations and infrastructure design, deployment, and operations.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent and 15 years of progressive related experience
- Current ITIL v3 Certification with deep experience in ITIL concepts and methodology.
- Experience providing Service Management support for hosted/virtual environments.
- Demonstrated Service Management knowledge in key ITSM processes including Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Service Level Management and Knowledge Management
- Experience collaborating with development teams to deliver a service operations strategic plan and roadmap.
- Experience incorporating new services into the service catalog and service delivery model.
- Demonstrated experience with measuring and quantifying performance and compliance.
- Develop performance measures and consistently report metrics.
- Lead continual service improvement and ongoing process maturity through regular reviews of the process and tools, trend analysis and metrics reporting and through regular engagement with stakeholders.
- Knowledge of Cloud Environments such as Azure, AWS, and GCP
- Proven track record of developing and providing SLAs, implementing best practices, and implementing quality guidelines and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communications; has ability to translate between business and technical vocabulary easily.
- ITIL v4 Certification or in progress
- Experience collaborating with stakeholders to understand cultural requirements and challenges
- Azure or AWS Certifications
- Knowledge of ServiceNow platforms and products such ITSM and CMDB.
- Experience with CDC/Public Health
- Experience working in Scaled Agile (SAFe) environments
Requires ability to obtain Public Trust level 5 clearance
Pay Range:Pay Range $142,350.00 - $257,325.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.