The Leidos Public Health Operation is seeking a Section 508 Analyst, Contingent upon contract award, to support a Modernization effort for the CDC.
Role is expected to be fully remote
Must currently reside in the United States for the last three consecutive years
Analyzes all Information and Communication Technology (ICT) products, platforms, and services (e.g., hardware, software, websites, and multimedia) that are procured, developed, maintained, delivered, and used as part of DMAC program, and ensures full compliance with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended (29 U.S.C. 794d) and Revised Section 508 Standards in 36 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) § 1194.1 and Appendices A, C, and D.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent and 4 years of related experience
- Understanding of Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- Collaborate with delivery teams to review and ensure deliverables such as PDF, PPT, Excel and Word documents are Section 508 compliant (at a minimum) and adhere to other applicable accessibility laws.
- Serve as Section 508 coordinator and subject matter expert on all 508 issues; participate in working groups and/or meetings with stakeholders to discuss requirements and/or present 508 strategies and solutions; provide guidance on technical issues involving Section 508 as it relates to accessible documents and electronic media.
- Collaborate with development teams to review and ensure User Interfaces are Section 508 compliant.
- Experience of creating Test Cases based on Section 508 requirements and design documents.
- Knowledge of applications and browser extensions for 508 compliance testing
- Energy and passion with an eye towards continuous improvement in self and business processes
- Excellent verbal and written communications; has ability to translate between business and technical vocabulary easily.
- Experience with Section 508 testing process and remediation
- Experience automating the Section 508 testing in a DevSecOps environment
- Experience performing Section 508 accessibility scans using tools
- Experience with CDC/Public Health
- Experience working in Scaled Agile (SAFe) environments
Requires ability to obtain Public Trust level 5 clearance
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $119,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.