The Leidos Public Health Operation is seeking a Database Developer, Contingent upon contract award, to support a Modernization effort for the CDC.
Role is expected to be fully remote
Must currently reside in the United States for the last three consecutive years
Develops database solutions tailored to requirements. Works with stakeholders to understand requirements and design database schema, tables, and relationships. Writes database code, such as SQL, PL/SQL, or T-SQL, to create database objects, such as tables, views, stored procedures, and triggers. Writes code to query the database and extract data. Optimizes database performance by writing efficient SQL code, designing indexes, and partitioning data. Monitors database performance and make adjustments as needed. Ensures that the database is secure by implementing security measures, such as user access controls, encryption, and data masking. Ensures that the database systems are integrated with other IT systems and that data flows smoothly. Debugs and troubleshoots issues in the database code. Analyzes error logs, identifies the root cause of the problem, and implements a solution. Documents database solutions, ensuring that accurate and detailed records are kept for future reference. Creates user documentation to help stakeholders understand how to use the database systems.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent and 4 years of related experience
- Demonstrated experience in writing and optimizing complex SQL statements and stored procedures.
- Experience developing extract, load, and transfer software operations for data sets in an Azure or AWS environments.
- Experience with querying/updating RDBMS such as SQL Server, PostgreSQL, and Oracle.
- Experience implementing security measures such as user access controls, encryption, and data masking.
- Experience with CI/CD tools: Jenkins, GitHub, SonarQube, Nexus, Jira
- Knowledge of integration/communication protocols and standards such as REST, SOAP, JSON
- Experience with data reporting, ETL, and analytical tools such as Databricks, Tableau, Spark, Azure Data Factory
- Experience with data migration such as optimizing workloads, streaming, and change data capture.
- Experience with Database as Code approaches with idempotent scripting
- Experience with automated unit testing and integration testing
- Experience in MS Azure or Amazon Web Service (AWS) cloud environments
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Experience with logging tools such as Grafana and Splunk
- Experience with RDBMS Administration
- RDBMS Certifications
- Azure or AWS Certifications
- Experience with CDC/Public Health
- Experience working in Scaled Agile (SAFe) environments
Requires ability to obtain Public Trust level 5 clearance
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $141,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.